Update Apps via SD card

Chirag Tailor

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I don't know if this has been asked before,is it possible to update apps via sd card?

My store app is showing 30 updates and i have limited internet data left,so i went to store site on PC and downloaded apps manually and copied to SD card now when i put it in the phone all the apps with new updates show up in the store inside SD card option but when i try to install i get this error "Store Error. Can not complete your request at the moment. Try Launching Store Again. Error code : 80070057"
I tried launching store again and restarted phone 2-3 times but same problem. Any clue?

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
You can install updated apps from SD , but u have to be connected with net while installing apps from SD card because the store first verifies the apps which ur going to be install.

Chirag Tailor

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
@ca_guri I am connected to the net,apps with updates show up in SD card list but when i select any app and click on install it gives me above error.

Chirag Tailor

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
@unshavengarvit if both version are same then whats the point of update?:straight:

Suppose i have installed facebook,now there is new version available with update so i download it and put it on SD card and try to update from there but its not working.

Chirag Tailor

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Here are some screenshots

store is showing 30 updates
wp_ss_20140322_0006 copy.jpg

now i have downloaded updated apps and put them on sd card and they show up here, and as you can see "update" is writen under each app!
wp_ss_20140322_0007.jpg

now i clicked on nokia mix radio,it asks me for use of location and i click on yes
wp_ss_20140322_0008.jpg

i get this error message for each app
wp_ss_20140322_0009.jpg

unshavengarvit

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Suppose you downloaded an update that you were planning to install from sd card.And you didn't install that update right away and by the time you decided to install that update, the developer pushed out another new update for the app.If this was the case you won't be able to install the downloaded update and would have to download the update all over again.Get the point?
Though in your case that seems unlikely.So my guess would be that its a problem with your network.Are you able to open other sites on your device?

Chirag Tailor

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
@unshaven Yes i am able to access other sites that is not the issue. If it was list of app with updates will not show anyway because it checks online before showing it. I am trying to updates which i downloaded today only. Have you updated like this before and succeeded?

@kaushik if you uninstall an app and install new ones do they loose user data. Saved progress in games,preferences or logins for facebook etc.?

unshavengarvit

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I've never tried updating.But once i installed asphalt 8 using sd card.Worked fine for me.
Try uninstalling the apps from your phone and then installing the updates.It may not work but my guess is that the update files and the files needed for a fresh installation are the same.So its worth giving a try.

Chirag Tailor

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
New apps install from sd card without any problem - just updates are not happening. So if i remove an app and install updated one then it should work fine i guess. But then like i asked before i may loose saved preferences,login details etc in certain apps.

Chirag Tailor

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm i can confirm that,just did uninstall/re-install for couple of games and i lost my best scores/progress. :crying: :straight:

So may be it is not possible to update this way at all,one of the limitations of WP i guess.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I mostly have games that use cloud to store game data such as asphalt. However yes, i lost game data of dark lands and login preferences to other apps.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I don't know if this has been asked before,is it possible to update apps via sd card?

My store app is showing 30 updates and i have limited internet data left,so i went to store site on PC and downloaded apps manually and copied to SD card now when i put it in the phone all the apps with new updates show up in the store inside SD card option but when i try to install i get this error "Store Error. Can not complete your request at the moment. Try Launching Store Again. Error code : 80070057"
I'm guessing that reinstalling an app which is what you would be doing from the SD card is different than updating an app from the store. But regardless, you can update thru the store without using carrier data if you can get on wi-fi.

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm i can confirm that,just did uninstall/re-install for couple of games and i lost my best scores/progress. :crying: :straight:

So may be it is not possible to update this way at all,one of the limitations of WP i guess.

I didn't notice this issue earlier ever, but gonna try this way whenever i got any update notification, so that i can also confirms u about this issue...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte