Individual system apps

anon(5352534)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys think that MS will make all system level apps independent to the OS level update so that they can be directly updated for bug fixes and new features using the appstore. I mean apps like mail, calendar, ie, xbox music, xbox video, xbox games, contacts, settings and basically all the other system apps. I think they should do this, as using this MS can provide bug fixes and missing features in more efficient way and more frequently. Sort of like how Nokia does it, for apps like glance, touch, etc. Also android has the same feature. What do you guys think? Do you prefer it? Why or why not? Do you think 8.1 update would include this?

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree with MJ. I hope they take this approach to some extent as this is already present in Win 8 and they already have done a bit of this with their xbox features. And with the removal of FB and twitter in the OS and adding the hooks for the app to play with the OS features, it would be nice to get bugs and such worked out and not have to wait for a GDR and those can focus on more core features. This is another way in which MS can get features and fixes to their customers without worrying about carriers.

Onager1286

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely agree. I'd like for Mail to get Outlook.com's sweep feature. Even if it wasn't there at the WP8.1 launch, separating the Mail app from the OS would let that happen much more easily.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720