yahoo.com on IE11 wp8.1?

joseph3423

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
hi

Do you think with the 8.1 update, we will see yahoo's smartphone pages through internet explorer 11?

currently, if you head to yahoo.com, you get redirected to their 'feature phone' pages, and the only way to force load the smartphone page is by entering yahoo.com/?m=sp.

I'm hoping that will HTML5, WebGL and javascript improvements we will see the smartphone sites. (i use yahoo mail and search so mainly use the pages on my phone :smile: :)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well...I honestly think that this is a problem on Yahoo's part. That is, this is a server-side issue.

My best bet is that once they think that IE Mobile supports their page properly, they'll set it up so that we get the smartphone page.

(By the way, you do realize that Yahoo's search engine is powered by Bing, and you could check your emails with the native email client, right?)

joseph3423

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

-i just like the yahoo UI better
-desktop pages aren't the same as the smartphone ones unfortunately.

Do you think we should get Daniel or Sam involved and try and organise a twitter hashtag for them to support us? ;)

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Well we'll see for sure once 8.1 hits, however one of the leaked videos on IE11 shows how the gmail webpage went from feature phone to smart phone version. I would assume the browser will allow other sites to follow suit unless they SPECIFICALLY mark the browser as unable to load their smartphone pages as opposed to marking the lack of a certain HTML 5 rendering capability.

joseph3423

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply guys, when 8.1 preview launches ill reply again with the results. I'm not that knowledgeable about web browsing, so is it the lack of HTML5 support that creates this issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos