Are you satisfied with the present Limited Accent Theme colors?

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Nokia blue and a few other new color accents would be nice as well as choosing lighter or darker shades of each accent. A color picker or slider is too crude for WP.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
It's something that people want since the release of WP7.

Of course it wouldn't be hard to implement that, it might be not too easy to implement it in an intuitive way. But regardless it's a design decision to not have it, similar to the missing battery percentage for example.

Personally, yes, I think I'd like to have custom colors.

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Anything that contains "limited" isn't making anyone happy! So no. I want to choose the color I want hahaha :)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

nc1886

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
No not satisfied. They should add background colors (that mockup looked sick). Or even just shades of gray- similar to the background in the music hub. I personally don't have too much of a problem, but a lot of people do want more customization. It seems naive of MS to not offer more options for people. Having palettes would be cool too. Maybe two accent colors and a background bundled together? Or you could customize them. If it's not your thing, just stick with the standard ones we had for WP8. But 8.1 should definitely have more customization.

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Would like more colors.

It's not as simple as turning on a slider. MS highly values user experience, and if someone accidentally chooses a color they can't see, guess who they're going to take their ***** rage out on?

I'd like to see more choices, or maybe a slider and some intelligence to prevent stupid people from screwing up their phones.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Would like more colors.

It's not as simple as turning on a slider. MS highly values user experience, and if someone accidentally chooses a color they can't see, guess who they're going to take their ***** rage out on?

I'd like to see more choices, or maybe a slider and some intelligence to prevent stupid people from screwing up their phones.

So what's stopping someone from choosing a color they can't see to.just simply sliding the slider back to the left or right to a color they can?

Last edited:

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm fine with whatever direction MS is taking with WP. The idea is that only certain colors work well with the UI and if someone picks a color of their own it might not reflect properly in the UI. MS internally tests different colors and if they fit with the UI they are then added as we've seen with each major update.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I wish they had more subdued colors. The current ones are ok, but to much contrast or something. It keeps me stuck on either olive or steel. Others are to bright. Yellow is like looking into the sun.

batkingnz

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm fine with whatever direction MS is taking with WP. The idea is that only certain colors work well with the UI and if someone picks a color of their own it might not reflect properly in the UI. MS internally tests different colors and if they fit with the UI they are then added as we've seen with each major update.

Really? So in what universe did poo brown fit with the UI ? And taupe while we're at it.

Some of the colors work well and some don't but the problem is just that there aren't enough to satisfy customization inclinations for a lot of users. Maybe we aren't the majority though.

ANyways, on the whole I enjoy my phone so much I don't think about the tiles too often. Cyan and Emerald look the best to me, but Teal and Olive are kind of cool in their own way. They're totally nostalgic of some of the win95 color themes.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I wish they had more subdued colors. The current ones are ok, but to much contrast or something. It keeps me stuck on either olive or steel. Others are to bright. Yellow is like looking into the sun.

Agreed. On my 820, even with the saturation turned right down, i find a lot of the colour choices unusable.

The white tile icons get a little lost in that yellow.

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
As I wrote in another thread, now that you can change background (behind the tiles). Just choose a solid whatever-color background, and this will also change the tile colors. So for those of you who want high contrast (blackwhite), just go for a black wallpaper :D

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
One good thing about the "tile\wallpapers" is you can now add any color as the color...

Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1!

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
*If* you can change the background of the Tiles, one could just set a plain colour background of their choosing. Although that's a clumsy way to go about it.

What i really want is the dual-colour themes of Windows 8, or the ability to change the Tiles and Background to replicate that look, as demonstrated in my unfinished Amateurish mockups.

This is precisely correct. Just save an image with your favorite/proffered color to your phone and set it as the wallpaper.

It doesn't take a genius to see that Microsoft has already give everyone with Windows Phone 8.1 the tools to do what all of you are "so desperate for."

[url]http://i.imgur.com/M3Djvqz.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i.imgur.com/yBpkyUa.jpg[/URL]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo