Search in Google Mail option missing!

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
There used to be a nice option to search for emails on Gmail which aren't downloaded to your phone. It seems this option has gone missing on my phone (Lumia 820) after Update 3. I had tried to search for an important email today, which wasn't on my phone. I had to download my entire inbox to get to it, because the Google Mail app wasn't showing an option to "search in Google Mail". Is there some new setting I'm missing? Please help!

FileDownloadHandler.png FileDownloadHandler (1).png

I am able to search for email on Hotmail if it's not found on my phone.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Google discontinued support for ActiveSync. So Microsoft switched to use IMAP for GMail after GDR2. Along with it, Microsoft removed push email and search on server features (both of which exist on Windows 8 Mail app via IMAP). So, you have either Google (for discontinue ActiveSync) or Microsoft (for purposefully remove features) to blame.

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Google discontinued support for ActiveSync. So Microsoft switched to use IMAP for GMail after GDR2. Along with it, Microsoft removed push email and search on server features (both of which exist on Windows 8 Mail app via IMAP). So, you have either Google (for discontinue ActiveSync) or Microsoft (for purposefully remove features) to blame.
This was such an important feature! if it is possible to implement in IMAP, Microsoft should not have removed it

Michal D

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Agree, since I noticed that I already got angry 3 times a day while searching for a mail.. can it be fixed or replaced somehow?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234