lost text messages

jddumawa

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
My phone (L625) is showing me text messages only up to February, all my text messages from january and beyond are gone. :( i used to love wp8 cause messages sync automatically even after a hard reset. Text message back up is on in my phone but i still lost my text messages. Kindly explain how to recover or why i lost text messages pls?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My phone (L625) is showing me text messages only up to February, all my text messages from january and beyond are gone. :( i used to love wp8 cause messages sync automatically even after a hard reset. Text message back up is on in my phone but i still lost my text messages. Kindly explain how to recover or why i lost text messages pls?
You didn't say if you recently restored but when I switched from a 521 to a 925 the same thing happened to me. A few days later, the rest magically reappeared. The best theory was something stopped the initial restore mid way and like with app updates, you might have to wait a while before it tries again.

Last edited:

jddumawa

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I did have a hard reset after experiencing some pictures recorded with the wrong date thereby positioning incorrectly in the camera roll. After the hard reset though, messages were returned only until february.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is the date/time set correctly on your phone after the reset? Sometimes the date/time goes out of sync so you have to reset it.

Easy to miss sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss