Update or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Lumia

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey WPCentral forum users, I'm facing a difficult decision. I have the ability to get 8.1 on my phone now. However, if I do, I will have to factory reset it and loose all my app data, my precious app data. So, give me your opinion. Upgrade or wait? Please circulate with your friends.

UPDATE: there is a 90% chance I will keep my data.

Last edited:

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't sound fishy to anyone? You are telling me you have access to something that no one in the press, to our knowledge, or Wpcentral has access to? Proof, show us proof.

Black Lumia

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I can't show you, but he works in updates. I wouldn't be allowed to update if I showed anyone. Ask me a question and I can answer it, though, if it's not secret. Besides, I don't work with the press.

Last edited:

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My advice to you is to wait. Dev preview could then be out, and you could keep your data. Less risk, plus, you avoid some of the bugs that remain, that are now being fixed. One question though, why would you potentially lose the data? How does your friend's way of pushing it to you differ from the way I would receive it by normal means? Surely they don't write the program to add a new update in the week after it leaves the core team? Surely that part would already be in place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion