Windows Phone- Now is the moment

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I remember the times of Mango and the various issues the OS had at that time and the constant change Windows phone has gone through from that time. A lot of changes have come since then- the release of Windows phone 8, the GDR updates and now we are waiting at what could probably be called a historic change in the OS that is being supported well by users who favor the elegance rather than glamor.
We at WPCentral have seen it the most havent we, frankly I could well say that we are the most informed of the lot. What do you think Windows phone 8.1 would mean for the lot worldwide. I know we would still love our phone no matter what but frankly what does it mean if you had to describe it to someone.

For me WP8.1 will complete the versatility that I was waiting for, atleast the major chunk of it is complete. This update will make me do things faster, make it more beautiful and reach options in a click. Lets see what you have to say as "Every Windows Phone is a Personal phone. :smile:"

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I am new to windows phone my first 520. but it has really paid off. it gives me a very personal feel and i really feel very safe and confident on windows phone . i m very excited about the blue update . lets see what more windows phone has to bring.

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree. I am now rocking a Lumia Icon, Lumia 2520, and a Xbox One. Not only is it time for Wp8.1, its time for all of Microsofts ecosystem. Every few days there seems to be cooler and cooler stuff you can do between these devices, making all my apple fans jealous:) (they can do them too, but none of my friends have an apple tv or smart tv, because they spent their money on Xboxes) Being apart of one ecosystem is so nice.

LillWicke

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
What do you think Windows phone 8.1 would mean for the lot worldwide.
For me WP8.1 will complete the versatility that I was waiting for, atleast the major chunk of it is complete.
For me it will mean that I for the first time dare to recommend the system to Droids and Applenians. :smile:

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
it seems like 8.1 will finally have feature parity with android/ios. So that's something the android/ios fanboys cant use against WP anymore. It'll be a much easier transition between them now without having to make many sacrifices.

The question is will the devs finally get on board and has MS actually done enough under the hood to entice them?

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I think that will be a big question, lets wait for the developer preview. But as far as I know I think we do now have a handful of devs who are coming in.
it seems like 8.1 will finally have feature parity with android/ios. So that's something the android/ios fanboys cant use against WP anymore. It'll be a much easier transition between them now without having to make many sacrifices.

The question is will the devs finally get on board and has MS actually done enough under the hood to entice them?

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

The devs will come where the people are... hopefully the 8.1 OS update will have enough OS features (and now 3rd party apps from the likes of Rudy and others) that people may be more willing to come over. With that, we may hopefully get more official apps! WP will also grow as W8 grows.. so here is hoping Update 1 brings more people to W8 too!

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget about Verizon (and other US carriers) and how they sale WP devices. After 8.1 is released it won't succeed if carriers' sellers (what you call them?) don't change their minds about WP and keep pushing customers buy Android and iOS phones..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos