Two of my albums which I had synced to my phone using WMP randomly disappeared from the Music+Videos hub. However it still shows in the history section as a black square and I can even play it. It even seems to be acquiring space on my SD Card. This is the first time I experienced something as uncanny as this. Please help.
    03-27-2014 12:41 PM
    I also face this problem. But only two times in last one year.
    Don't know exactly but I think it's some kind of weird bug...................... or may be some hidden feature.
    03-27-2014 12:49 PM
    I've just noticed that I have several albums missing from my music collection on my Windows Phone and on my tablet. The artist's files in File Manager even show as "empty", its almost as if the music was literally stolen and/or deleted completely. This is a serious issue, one of the hot topics of conversation at security firms is how to protect people from malicious app developers, who can seemingly ask for any permissions that they want...and get it. It seems to me that any app that has permissions to your music and video libraries will also have the ability to have their app steal from those libraries. What is Microsoft and others (I've heard of it happening on Apple too) doing to prevent these types of things??
    05-12-2014 02:46 PM