How To use Microsoft Accounts?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
I have an MS-outlook account associated with my WP8(Lumia - 525). I visited windowsphone.com and signed in with that account. Now, here is the problem....

I am not able to associate my Lumia device with the outlook account here. I have another MS account (Live) associated with my WP7 device and I can see the device name, Find my Phone for the WP7 device I have and other stuffs.

However, same is not working with the MS-ooutlook accont I have for the WP8 device. I don't see Lumia 525 image after my Name, Find My Phone and other menu options are just redirecting me to some information page!!

Am I doing anything wrong here? Please let me know how can I associate my WP8 device using the MS-Outlook account on windowsphone.com?

-Ashish

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
When you first setup your phone it should automatically create the account on MS's site for you. If this did not happen, you may have to reset your phone and try again.
But first you should try this.

You will need to make sure you log off the .com page. Clear cookies and temp inet files passwords and everything from IE. Don't use Chrome (it's garbage), use IE.

Make sure you are logging into the WP site with the same user info you setup on your phone with. That is all I can think of as to why it is not working.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Had a problem something like this recently when I received a new phone.
What seemed to straighten things out was using the sync utility from Microsoft to rename the new phone.

See this.JPG
This is the set-up screen ...
... my phone was showing another name when I renamed it started syncing and showing up in Onedrive and Outllook.

Hoping you can get things working.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Still facing the same issue guys..I tried logging in to different computers, yet, no luck.

Stroe - Uses the Outlook.co.in account
Xbox - Uses the Outlook.co.in account
OneDrive - Uses the Outlook.co.in account

I can download apps using the same account on my phone. Yet, not able to see my phone while log in with the same account on windowsphone.com site.
More suggestions/workaround appreciated.

PS: I can't go for reset. It will delete all installed apps/games I believe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)