Beware: Scam Google apps appearing in Windows Phone Store:

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
True. But what happened here is malicious. Shame on those dev.

Shame on Microsoft for letting the apps get posted in the first place. They seem to be doing a dreadful job of curating the app store here lately. Not sure how something like this would get through the vetting process in the first place, unless the people approving them are just careless or lazy. I would think the fact that they were charging $1.99 would have been a dead giveaway that they were fake since Google doesn't charge for any of their mobile apps on any platform. Regardless, they seriously need to tighten things up.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
What I do not understand is HOW Ms let this dev to be registered with such name??? Symantec do verification job for MS and I know how hard sometimes to register company there! I spent two months while registering account for one company and it was pain in back!

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Google and MS need to come on an understanding to solve this problem.
It will be better if Google provide their apps for WP. Lots of users need it.

But

MS never miss opportunity to bully Google services and software and Google never pay attention to WP.
and we as user paying price for this childish fight.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Google and MS need to come on an understanding to solve this problem.
It will be better if Google provide their apps for WP. Lots of users need it.

But

MS never miss opportunity to bully Google services and software and Google never pay attention to WP.
and we as user paying price for this childish fight.

This wouldn't really do anything to prevent people from putting fake apps on the store. Only Microsoft has control of what goes on the store and what doesn't. There will always be greedy people trying to scam us with fake versions of popular apps whether the real thing is available on the store or not. It happens all the time, especially with games that you can already get on WP.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
This wouldn't really do anything to prevent people from putting fake apps on the store. Only Microsoft has control of what goes on the store and what doesn't. There will always be greedy people trying to scam us with fake versions of popular apps whether the real thing is available on the store or not. It happens all the time, especially with games that you can already get on WP.

Atleast it will solve Google fake apps problem . (with little awareness)

Rest in the hands of MS itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett