The Native Messaging App has dropped a Messenger/Skype contact

N1cks

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I prefer to use the native messaging app for Messenger/Skype txting.

Recently one of my regular contacts appears offline... when he's actually online (as evident in the Skype app).

Is Microsoft dropping support for native messaging integration with 8.1 just around the corner?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I prefer to use the native messaging app for Messenger/Skype txting.

Recently one of my regular contacts appears offline... when he's actually online (as evident in the Skype app).

Is Microsoft dropping support for native messaging integration with 8.1 just around the corner?

The messaging hub never included Skype integration from the start. My best bet is that as MS switches users from Messenger to Skype, as the messaging hub integrates Messenger contacts the reason why he is offline in the hub is because MS is shutting down Messenger and moving everybody to Skype. Thus he will not appear in the hub as online, yet online in the Skype app

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be a gradual roll out as my messenger contacts in Rooms are unavailable to me since Dec 2013. It has been patchy at best. You will frequently see people missing in Rooms or constantly staying offline on messenger, however available on Skype app and desktop. It has been ugly transition to say the least.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes