I prefer to use the native messaging app for Messenger/Skype txting.

Recently one of my regular contacts appears offline... when he's actually online (as evident in the Skype app).

Is Microsoft dropping support for native messaging integration with 8.1 just around the corner?
    03-29-2014 07:28 AM
    I prefer to use the native messaging app for Messenger/Skype txting.

Recently one of my regular contacts appears offline... when he's actually online (as evident in the Skype app).

Is Microsoft dropping support for native messaging integration with 8.1 just around the corner?
    The messaging hub never included Skype integration from the start. My best bet is that as MS switches users from Messenger to Skype, as the messaging hub integrates Messenger contacts the reason why he is offline in the hub is because MS is shutting down Messenger and moving everybody to Skype. Thus he will not appear in the hub as online, yet online in the Skype app
    03-30-2014 01:22 AM
    This seems to be a gradual roll out as my messenger contacts in Rooms are unavailable to me since Dec 2013. It has been patchy at best. You will frequently see people missing in Rooms or constantly staying offline on messenger, however available on Skype app and desktop. It has been ugly transition to say the least.
    03-30-2014 09:06 AM