Do you have iPhone envy ?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Some times I feel like a weirdo using a WP.

I was weird-o before the windows phone showed up.

Frankly I just have never felt anything for the iFone.
Held a few swiped the screen a number of times ...
... just nothing there that incites any kind of want for the device.

My sister is retired from Apple and my bro-in-law will have nothing else.
We seldom ever discuss Apple stuff ... they are users and I am not.
Nothing to battle about.

ifalldownalot

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I get more attention from people with my 1020 than I ever have with my old android and my old iphone. when I show them the picture capability, they're always amazed. it's something different, not the same old crap.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
No. I find iPhones to be too small. I wouldn't want one, since it is too hard for me to type on them, especially how narrow they are.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Depends on the mood. Sometimes while commuting when I see that my friend has an iPhone and has sweet games I feel bad for me..

But then I remember, that I don't care much for Apple and they are overpriced junk+ Nokia ftw, I'm happy

89caps

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Pretty happy about my Windows Phone, but I envy two things:
1) Having an incredible app library
2) Updates independent of carriers

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Nope. iPhone is boring, fact. My friend has a new iPhone 5s and yesterday I played with it like 5 minutes. I was like, so what interesting can I do, I opened camera app, swiped up for shortcuts and down for notification centre and I was bored. There is nothing new.

Grand Master K

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Nope I have had to use iTunes a few times that ruled out iPhones/iPads for good. I would never willingly bring that horrid curse into my life. I do have screen size envy though. If April does not reveal a 5 incher or more for T-Mobile I may be going back to Android. Making all the really cool phones carrier exclusives is probably WPs biggest mistake so far.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I do miss my iPhone just because notifications sucks on Windows Phone (although things might change with 8.1) but then again, I am really enjoying the attention I get from my Lumia 920.

One time I was at the gym, there was this one guy who was on a leg press machine and every time he gets down he stares at my phone. It's hilarious because he keeps on looking at it like it was from the year 3000.

Then some of my office mates keeps on asking me what phone is that and I tell them it's a Windows Phone and tell me how nice it looks. My uncle is getting himself a 520 too and asked me about Windows Phone. It's really nice to see Windows Phone gathering SO MUCH interest. It surely does stand out among the Galaxies and iDevices.

Also, I have absolutely no worries about music syncing since the Windows Phone App for Desktop actually syncs my play counts to my iTunes! Pretty neat. I'm not leaving iTunes until Microsoft gives Xbox Music or other third party music players a major feature shower esp. Last FM support.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I was given an iPhone for work and I absolutely hate it. No envy here in the slightest. My 1020 camera is vastly superior to the iphone's and that matters to me.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Not really. I mean, i briefly had a 3GS before getting a WP. I've had/have iPods up the wazoo. I do wish the app situation in the Marketplace was on par with the App Store. Otherwise, I can't see myself getting an iPhone again unless the iPhone 6 does have a 5" screen or bigger. Then I'd definitely take a look again.

I do keep my iPod touch around simply because its downright shameful how bush-league the experience is on WP

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Nay. Everyone notices me for toting an L920. ��

Same here! especially a bright yellow 920!
only envy of iPhone because of App Store and maybe the beautiful body. other than that, nothing special about icon grids.
iPhones are also too small. I won't use any phone smaller than 4.5" or bigger than 5"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro