WP8 Voicemail like iOS?

Alex Mason86

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
So not sure if this was the case for all iPhone users, but on O2 in the uk, if you had an iPhone your voicemail messages would be downloaded to the phone and you could play them back using the voice mail player any time. No number to ring, no stupid voice mail menus to fudge through, just play the message, see who it was from and then press a button to delete if you didn't need it. All without needed mobile signal either.

On WP8 on O2, at the moment you must ring the voicemail and then sit through the slow process of listening to the woman about what you want to do, and wait patiently through multiple messages to get to the one you want.

Is there a setting on WP8 to have it like the iPhone or is there an app that will do the same? Is this functionality they will add for WP8.1? (Pretty sure iOS has had it for ages, I'm sure I had it even when I had my 3GS)

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It is called VIsual Voice Mail and it is in the WP8. If you are not seeing it, it could either be that your carrier removed it or not compatible. It works fine for me on AT&T. When I listen to my voice mail the first time on a WP8 phone, it will pop up and ask me to finish the setup. After that, it will automatically be there in the phone dialer.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
It is called VIsual Voice Mail and it is in the WP8. If you are not seeing it, it could either be that your carrier removed it or not compatible. It works fine for me on AT&T. When I listen to my voice mail the first time on a WP8 phone, it will pop up and ask me to finish the setup. After that, it will automatically be there in the phone dialer.

Yep. At least here in the U.S. it's carrier dependent. I have AT&T as well and it's available across all platforms.

SunithMandalia

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
You're out of luck mate, used to work for O2 and they won't support visual voicemail on anything other than iOS as it's apparently not cost effective for them to do so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6