Developer Preview Program - Please read first post before asking questions

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Developer Preview Program - What Exactly Is It?

I used the WP SDK to dev unlock my L920, and after that just install the Preview for Developers app.

kukuxumusu

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Just to clarify once I try the developer preview program. Can I still able to receive the official update from my country once it's roll out? Or both developer program and the official update are the same? The only difference is the developer programs rolls out first?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

They will be the same, given the exception that there can always be a late-breaking update (which you would also get).

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

coincidentally, i installed the developer preview app this morning (before seeing this thread) and checked for an update and my phone was showing an update to 8.0.10521.155 on my Lumia 820. It was previously on 8.0.10517.150. it may have been available for a while (like since december), but i thought it was funny that there was an update waiting.

Yeah that minor update appeared in December.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

So, Im registered with App Studio, and when I open the Preview for Developers app, I can select the checkbox, but the "DONE" is grayed out, and I cannot select to enroll. Not sure why? Can anyone help, hope I can get this fixed by the 10th

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

So, Im registered with App Studio, and when I open the Preview for Developers app, I can select the checkbox, but the "DONE" is grayed out, and I cannot select to enroll. Not sure why? Can anyone help, hope I can get this fixed by the 10th
What build is your phone running. It has to have at least GDR2, and I think one other update after that, IIRC.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Where can I find a detailed step by step process to sign up for the Dev Preview?

NVM, didn't read the full post.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Help me a bit here, I don't know how to I sign up for the app studio part.

Is it the "Get started" button on the first page and then it asks for permission of App Studio to use your email address? I got an email from App Studio after that.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Check the pic, I logged into the app studio page with my account, got an from app studio and then rolled into the dev preview app and got that message. That's all I need to do?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo