Developer Preview Program - Please read first post before asking questions

avishekghoshlive

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I am a android ****** but after using Lumia 520 for 10 days,I am loving it a lot now.This is my first post in wpcentral forum.Its really a very good place for WP enthusiast.I already regted for WP 8.1 dev preview,but warranty is my concern now.I read almost all the threads about prvw prgrm here n more than eager to use it.Nokia n MS should give us the oppurtunity to try preview sw without voiding our warranty.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I am a android ****** but after using Lumia 520 for 10 days,I am loving it a lot now.This is my first post in wpcentral forum.Its really a very good place for WP enthusiast.I already regted for WP 8.1 dev preview,but warranty is my concern now.I read almost all the threads about prvw prgrm here n more than eager to use it.Nokia n MS should give us the oppurtunity to try preview sw without voiding our warranty.

then you didn't read good enough. There is a big article on wpc, dew daya ago. You can find it.
But to answer your question.
No

- Tapatalk -

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
ok, I used the dev preview on the 920 (for the last update). If I switch off on the dev preview app, Will I be able to update the icon? Or the 920 is already linked with my app studio account ?

thanks
you'll need to login to your dashboard at dev.windowsphone.com then phones then deregister your old one, unless you're a paid dev then rerun the developer registration app on your PC

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Guys what step do you follow after installing OTA update.
do you do hard reset or normally use your phone???

reset after update. This is believed to clear any false settings/files that may interfere with the new update causing battery drains or worse. Some do the reset before update, same purpose.

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. I always hard reset my phone after an update. It's always a fresh start. Now with start tiles also ready to restore as before, there's no worry about that. Can't wait for the dev preview.

JediTWang

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. I always hard reset my phone after an update. It's always a fresh start. Now with start tiles also ready to restore as before, there's no worry about that. Can't wait for the dev preview.

Hmmm I hadn't considered this, now that many settings are "in the cloud" & auto-configured after a hard reset I might do it, good way to "clean out the cobwebs" occasionally.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Developer Preview Program - What Exactly Is It?

Hate to post this...
View attachment 61877
But well, might just be Uniquely Singaporean.
My suggestion would be to read the warranty. Singapore may be different, or they may use the same warranty, but I actually HAVE had my 928 replaced while running the developer preview for GDR3. You don't say who sent you that message, but myself, I never put stock in what customer service types say (I've been a customer service type).

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Just want to say thanks hopmedic for the very informative thread! It answered all my questions and concerns about warranty and future updates with carriers. I will more than likely be registering as a Dev tonight. And hopefully soon be able to get the update going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney