Family Room Messenger Issue

chilero

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I finally upgrade the whole family to WP8 from WP7.5/7.8. The family room is a feature that I really want to put to use but we are having an issue with messages. The family room has 3 members: wife, son and myself.

Wife: no problems, sees messages from other 2 members
Son: no problems, sees messages from the other 2 members
Myself: only see messages from wife. Son's messages are never visible.

My son and I can communicate fine outside of the family room using messenger.

I've made sure that everyone is "available" under our live/outlook accounts.

Any ideas?

moeycat1

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am new to windows phone and I am really enjoying it. Last night I came across an issue that I am hoping someone can help me with.

I am having a similar issue. I am the owner of a family room and everything was working fine until last night. My Mom and I are both members and all of a sudden I cannot see what she writes anymore. Then I added my Dad to the room. I can see what he writes but not what she writes. They can both see what all three of us are writing. I am not sure why my phone will not see what she is sending. We have both shut off our phones and turned them back on. We have both done soft resets of the phone as well. Still I can't see what she writes. I am not a very technical person, but I am really am hoping someone can give me some advice.

Oh, also, we both have out messenger status set to available. However, when we select each other under the members tab of the room and choose to send a messge it says we are offline now. Please help with any ideas or suggestions. thanks

moeycat1

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Ok it is working again! YEAH! Either Microsoft fixed it or whatever I did fixed the issue. Here is what I did. I set my status to offline and then again set it to available in messaging. I then signed into skype on my phone and linked my skype account with my Microsoft account. My Mom told me that she had an old email address for me in the phone and she replaced it with my current one. I honestly do not know what solved the problem but I hope that one of these things can solve your problem too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa