So will the Lumia 822 still be the best overall Windows 8.1 phone when it is updated?

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I am waiting to see how WP8.1 fits looks and feels on my 822 before making any decisions on upgrading. It's been a great device
for me.
Yup. Me too. I have to live with mine for awhile until my contract is up. Not a problem though as I'm still liking it. I'm hoping Verizon has something about the same size. All the newer phones are way bigger than I care for.

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks you for all the information on 8.1 I like the 822 and have no plans of giving it up....keep the info flowing for 8.1 and the 822...... thanks again

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey 822 dudes.... I'm really enjoying the update. No problems whatsoever.
I've added the extra tiles and I'm pleasantly surprised how much I like them.
All is well.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Yep, and boy was I wrong about the small tiles being too small. They're perfect. With the extra tiles and the skinning, it's like I have a brand new phone!

Totally agree- the 3 rows look good and the performance of the 822 with 8.1 is excellent. See no reason to update for a while.

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
can you please move this back to the 822 forum?? why have an 822 forum and not have this thread in there? your developer forum is way out of hand nothing wrong with each phone having its own thread in their own forum

Maneesha Rao

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 on Lumia 620
Have a look at the Developer Preview release of windows phone 8.1 Running on Nokia Lumia 620.

This includes features such as.
- Notification + Action Center
- 3 column Tiles
- continuous Input Keyboard
- Customization of Background
- New Camera FeaturesAnd Lot more...

Windows Phone 8.1 on Lumia 620 - YouTube

kmok

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
can you please move this back to the 822 forum?? why have an 822 forum and not have this thread in there? your developer forum is way out of hand nothing wrong with each phone having its own thread in their own forum
The mods have been doing stuff like this in all the forums. All of the 820 threads about the WP8.1 preview have been being locked. I don't understand a why a discussion about the WP8.1 developer preview specifically to a device can't happen in a device's specific forum. There may be things specific to a device such as issues people have been experiencing that would be best left in a specific device forum. Moving the thread brings other device users in giving their own experience with their phone not helping at all. Sorry for the long rant.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
The mods have been doing stuff like this in all the forums. All of the 820 threads about the WP8.1 preview have been being locked. I don't understand a why a discussion about the WP8.1 developer preview specifically to a device can't happen in a device's specific forum. There may be things specific to a device such as issues people have been experiencing that would be best left in a specific device forum. Moving the thread brings other device users in giving their own experience with their phone not helping at all. Sorry for the long rant.

Ditto my man!

I have an HTC 8S with PD 8.1 installed. As you know its a quirky phone and has its own issues. So being able to post specific info just related to the 8S seems very helpful..but what do I know?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb