Does 8.1 still have facebook integrated chat?

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I was surprised to see this overlooked too, since I thought the ability for developers to better integrate their apps into the hubs - including Facebook - was supposed to be a big thing in WP8.1.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
hubs never worked out because every 3rd party wants their own kingdom.

Hubs never had a chance to work out because Microsoft only let select services work within them. WP8.1 is supposed to change that.

That said, it won't change the fact that hubs like People only let a very limited amount of features for these services actually work. For simple tasks like gathering Facebook, SMS, Skype and WhatsApp messages all into one convenient spot though, it's a great feature.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
you ALWAYS have to shoot for the LCD of services with hubs, because in order to display things uniformly you can't take advantage of gee whiz features only available in one service. This is why FB is coming with their own messenger app as integrated messaging can't support stickers and crap.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
you ALWAYS have to shoot for the LCD of services with hubs, because in order to display things uniformly you can't take advantage of gee whiz features only available in one service. This is why FB is coming with their own messenger app as integrated messaging can't support stickers and crap.

Exactly, which as far as I'm concerned is fine.

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
It's a shame. Hubs had potential. Imagine all your instagram/Facebook photos in the photos hub, your whatsapp/messenger stuff in the messaging hub, status updates and tweets in the peoples hub with full functionality as apps could be integrated in them. :|

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans