The NEW Lock Screen in WP8.1

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Can the lock screen be kept as it is in WP8 I don't like what I see here

My thoughts exactly. I love Rudy and all the work he's done for Windows Phone, but these lockscreens look like too much. Like a weird hybrid between Metro and Android (iOS 7?). It's not simple and clean. I chose Metro because I appreciate the fact that it's not trying to do too much, that it's not trying to be purposefully flashy. It's flashy, yes, but in a far more subtle way.

Thankfully, these lock screens are apparently only available via an app download, to help showcase what developers can do with the new lockscreen API. Translation: they're optional. Don't like them? Then just don't download them, problem solved.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think it's great that MS recognize Rudy as a star developer. The even mention his name and collaborate with him on the lockscreen to show off on stage

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
finally! having access to message and call log, can replace them with my own created message app along with "send to" button

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
My thoughts exactly. I love Rudy and all the work he's done for Windows Phone, but these lockscreens look like too much. Like a weird hybrid between Metro and Android (iOS 7?). It's not simple and clean. I chose Metro because I appreciate the fact that it's not trying to do too much, that it's not trying to be purposefully flashy. It's flashy, yes, but in a far more subtle way.

Thankfully, these lock screens are apparently only available via an app download, to help showcase what developers can do with the new lockscreen API. Translation: they're optional. Don't like them? Then just don't download them, problem solved.
I think the lock screens they showed are more a tech demo whats possible. I think there will be some less flashy ones

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
A question: would the new lockscreen app be able to show tasks/notes/reminders/calenders on LS????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I think the lock screens they showed are more a tech demo whats possible. I think there will be some less flashy ones

Indeed. Once the API is opened to all developers, a bunch of new creations are to be made. I'd like to see what apps like SimpleCal, LockMix, etc., do with the new lockscreen capabilities. In the past, they've relied on just changing the background image. Now, they can make the lockscreen that much more dynamic, interactive, and cool. :)

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Indeed. Once the API is opened to all developers, a bunch of new creations are to be made. I'd like to see what apps like SimpleCal, LockMix, etc., do with the new lockscreen capabilities. In the past, they've relied on just changing the background image. Now, they can make the lockscreen that much more dynamic, interactive, and cool. :)

I can't wait to see how Rudy's apps take advantage of this. And, Facebook, Skype, all Bing apps, maybe even Cortana, with her "halo" constantly rotating on your lock screen.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait to see how Rudy's apps take advantage of this. And, Facebook, Skype, all Bing apps, maybe even Cortana, with her "halo" constantly rotating on your lock screen.

I really hope they enable animation support... like you said, the Halo constantly rotating and so on. My friend with an android, has a picture of a puppy moving around or something like that. I might not use the animation, but more customization is better. I'm sure others would love to have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb