The NEW Lock Screen in WP8.1

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Joe introduced the new lock screen customization with different animations and patterns as they work alongside Rudy!!
What do you think of this? What exactly did you make from the information given at Build 2014 for this?

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So does that mean other third-party developers could utilize this new API?

That is what they said in the keynote... they have APIs for doing custom layouts for your lockscreen... could be nice interesting to see how things like instagram or facebook will work that out with their current lock screens.

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Wow. For some reason this hasn't gotten enough attention. It drowned in all the other awaited news!
This was one of the featured no one really knew about and so it makes it really cool! Can't wait to get my hands on it. It's like they're customizing every single aspect of the OS. And to think they had only flipping and sliding squares and rectangles to offer before.

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
If I made a switch the first thing i would do is to contact a dev who is interested in utilising these APIs and would request him to make "Lockscreen reminders/notes"...I literally would crave for that to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I recall reding or hearing that the API will be available in the next few weeks or so. Anyway, here are some more photos:

I have a feeling these aren't the only 2 they have either.. Though I also highly doubt they have all that many in whatever app Rudy made for them. I can just imagine how this will be made awesome by other apps like FB or Instagram for a full live lockscreen for the app.

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
What I understand Joe Belfiore said at the conference is that Rudy have more than those two lockscreens in the app that will soon come in the store. But this new feature will be awesome, I really hope like ESPN or some other sports app will make it possible for the scores to come up! :D

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
What I understand Joe Belfiore said at the conference is that Rudy have more than those two lockscreens in the app that will soon come in the store. But this new feature will be awesome, I really hope like ESPN or some other sports app will make it possible for the scores to come up! :D

Zune's live wallpaper may be coming sooner than we think <3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo