What you LOST in WP8.1

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
bing vision isn't lost, its in multiple areas of the OS, where I normally use it from is the camera app, bing vision is just a lense, go to the camera app and select it as a lense. I like that better anyway, makes more sense for it to be only there, they should focus on making lenses more common knowledge in WP though.

Duffau

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Changes you may not like:
- Each IE tab takes one slot in the multi-tasking tab.

When I open a new tab or change tabs when in IE on wp8, each open tab is a separate slot. How is this different? IE keeps a record of tabs that aren't active, but open tabs still take up individual slots.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
When I open a new tab or change tabs when in IE on wp8, each open tab is a separate slot. How is this different? IE keeps a record of tabs that aren't active, but open tabs still take up individual slots.

multi-tasking tab refers to the window you got when you press and hold the back button. In WP8, there is only 1 IE entry no matter how many tabs you open in IE. In WP8.1 you got multiple IE entries there.

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I lost the ability to brag to my friends that my phone is so minimalistic it doesn't even have a notifications center. It's terrible, I know :'(

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
What is the best way to ask WP dev team to bring back the photos hub?

Doubt you can change anything. The Windows 8.1 preview forum had a ton of posts (maybe even in the thousands, I can't remember) asking about why they ruined the Photos app there going from 8.0 to 8.1, but nothing changed.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Does the app list have the ability to sort by recently used or most often used? And can we swipe down to close apps in the multitask window?

There is no app sorting in the latest emulator. Yes, you can either swipe down or press X to close apps in the multitask window.

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
There is no app sorting in the latest emulator. Yes, you can either swipe down or press X to close apps in the multitask window.

I could have sworn a few weeks back when people started compiling lists of new features that there was the ability to sort apps....guess it didn't make it into the final version...hopefully it will come in a smaller update shortly after. Having apps that you use the most at the top of the list would be super convenient

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I could have sworn a few weeks back when people started compiling lists of new features that there was the ability to sort apps....guess it didn't make it into the final version...hopefully it will come in a smaller update shortly after. Having apps that you use the most at the top of the list would be super convenient

Yeah, I read the same thing too.

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
- No more list view (agenda) in calendar.

That's weird they'd get rid of the agenda view altogether. Although with how the new weekly view looks, I doubt I'd use the Agenda view anymore.

daymouse

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I miss the quick button for ring/silent as it is in 8.0. Now it was a press on either volume (hardware) button and the silent/ringer button was nicely in the corner, in 8.1 I'll have to click the arrow and move across half the screen to reach the same button. It sucks.

But with quiet hours you wont have to do this most of the time now as you can just set for example while your in work between the hours of 9-5 set it to vibrate only etc?

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to hijack this thread but you got me started.

Color sounds like Koh Lor
Colour is not Koh Lor its Koh Lau Er

Cemetery sounds like Sem Met Tary not Semi Tree, they way you guys say it.

and its Sin Ter not Sin Tray

You're making the mistake of thinking that English is a phonetic language. It isn't. Any argument for one spelling versus another based on pronounciation is pointless. Anyway, what does it matter which spelling is used if you clearly understand what is meant?

twentythreee

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey.
I am currently developing Poki 2 with the new emulator.
If you have any specific questions about development changes or the emulator, you can ask me too ;-)
And just to be clear, this is not the final version Microsoft has rolled out to devs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss