Extra column of live tile availability

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Simple solution - don't use it or use it but with only medium and large size tiles, small tiles is going to be too small, but hilarious? No. As a reference it will be almost same size as "Enter" key on your WP keyboard.

Nah, it's still hilarious. You're right though about only using medium and large sized tiles on a small screen. I'll probably do that on my 820 as the small tiles will probably look odd and pixelated.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one thinking the extra column of tiles will make the screen too clattered? One of the things I like about WP is the clean look of the homescreen, and I feel that the extra column makes the screen too busy.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
8.1start_screen.png

My screen is a mess. Need to be careful about the background. Anyway, we have the options not to turn these features on.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one thinking the extra column of tiles will make the screen too clattered? One of the things I like about WP is the clean look of the homescreen, and I feel that the extra column makes the screen too busy.
Then don't use it. In the smaller phones it will be an option. The statements I've seen are too vague to know if it is going to be optional in the larger phones.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

No, you're not the only one. I personally think 3 column mode only really works with the 1320/1520 and maybe the Icon/930 because of the size of the screen. When you go below that size it begins to looks awkward and visually messy. 480x800 screens in particular are going to have a hard time rendering the text on the medium and double wide tiles. We shall see though.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No, you're not the only one. I personally think 3 column mode only really works with the 1320/1520 and maybe the Icon/930 because of the size of the screen. When you go below that size it begins to looks awkward and visually messy. 480x800 screens in particular are going to have a hard time rendering the text on the medium and double wide tiles. We shall see though.
I like it on my Icon, but I don't think I would on a smaller screen. The small tiles would be too small for my fingers. As it is, when moving a small tile, when I tap to get out of the "edit" mode (is there a name for the mode where you can move/change size of tiles?), I find myself often hitting the unpin or change size buttons on the tile, and have to redo whatever I was doing. Other than editing, though, I love it. It took my start screen from where I'd swipe three times with my thumb to get to the bottom, to one swipe, and that includes making some of the formerly small tiles medium, and a couple of the small and medium tiles large.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I figure I'll be able to use the small ones to have a row of my family tiles across the screen...no need for text, just their pictures...but like others have said, I'll have the option...and that's really all we need...options. Same goes for my inbox's...I keep them small intentionally...so it could work well.

I'm am curious to see if its usable on my HTC 8XT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)