Specific instructions on downloading 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Dumb question with the developer preview. If I get it, will I be able to load the actual VZW release of 8.1. I believe the carriers typically include firmware updates along with the OS update which is obviously not included in the developer preview. I'm just as anxious as the next guy/gal but I don't want to sacrifice any possible updates from VZW that may fix some bugs in the firmware.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Dumb question with the developer preview. If I get it, will I be able to load the actual VZW release of 8.1. I believe the carriers typically include firmware updates along with the OS update which is obviously not included in the developer preview. I'm just as anxious as the next guy/gal but I don't want to sacrifice any possible updates from VZW that may fix some bugs in the firmware.

How i understand it is the firmware updates come with Nokia Blue, which may or may not be included in the dev preview. Expect an article on this sometime before next Monday explaining the process of doing it and any risks that may be involved.

LCW

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Going to 8.1 as soon as possible is worth the risk to me. Don't carrier updates come separately anyways to WP devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99