Windows Phone 8.1 Sdk help

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 8.1

Hello!

I would also be interested in a little tutorial explaining how to use the SDK to discover wp8.1.
@Chouhan --> change the title of the thread, it's not explicit

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 8.1

If you just want to check out the emulator:

Open Visdual Studio. Go to File -> New Project -> Templates -> Store-Apps -> Empty App (Universal App). Give it any name and lick OK. Now you have a new project. At the top is a green arrow with Local Computer next to it. Click on the arrow which points down right to it click on start project and then the Windows Phone 8.1 part. Now the text at the arrow changes and a emulator is selected (by default the smallest version). If you want you can click the down arrow again and change the emulator. then click the green arrow and the emulator start. it takes a little bit longer the first time. it starts a virtual machine in the background. If it is powered up your app starts. you can exit out of it and explore.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Without providing more information about what Hyper-V error you're seeing, you're asking us to guess what the problem is and how to fix it. Not a very efficient way to troubleshoot...

Lumis90

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is your windows install 64 bit?
yes

I guess you have not enabled it, How to enable Hyper-V for the emulator for Windows Phone 8
if that's not the case please provide more information.

Offtopic, but Visual Studio should be locked to Developers... Or at least have a "You need to learn how find info on the web" guide before accepting users. YK :p
I said that it is turned on. My CPU has all the requirements for running hyper-v, but for some reason it doesn't let me use it, it worked perfectly on Windows 8. Google didn't help

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Try running it as administrator. It's been a long time since I installed VS, but I seem to recall that the emulator needed some admin permission, your user having to be added to some group in AD, but I don't remember for sure... I'm thinking maybe run as admin might work.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you double-checked to see if Hyper-V (or virtualization) is enabled in BIOS? Is your Windows install the 64 bit variety? Have you tried run as administrator?

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Actually my problem is when installing the wp8.1 emulator. I tried without it but the p8.1 universal app template won't show up.
When installing the emulator, my computer says the hyper-v issue

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)