Outlook (hotmail) contact syncing question

ghostface147

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm an iOS guy and finally upgraded my parents to smartphones. My dad took the Nexus 5 and my mom was put on windows phone 8. A Lumia 521 to be exact. Good phone, good price.

To download apps or anything, you need to sign in with a microsoft account, which of course she has since she uses outlook.com. However I have noticed that it syncs all of her outlook.com contacts. She doesn't email from her phone and doesn't text, just makes phone calls. She only really calls 4 people (myself, dad, home and maybe one other) and it will be a chore for her to go through all those contacts to just reach 4 people. I saw that you can hide outlook.com/hotmail contacts, but when I add a new contact...I guess it automatically syncs it to outlook.com and it hides it since I have that option checked.

My question is, how do I disable the sync of her contacts. She only needs to contact less than a handful of contacts and scrolling through the entire list of email contacts to reach those people will be a pain for her. I don't have her signed in just now because I noticed once you're signed in, it's tough to get signed out.

Thanks,

G147

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you can turn off the contact syncing with outlook

What you can do if your mum only calls 4 people is pin them 4 people to the start screen, then its just one click and you are at that person (ignoring the people app with all the contacts)

ghostface147

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you can turn off the contact syncing with outlook

What you can do if your mum only calls 4 people is pin them 4 people to the start screen, then its just one click and you are at that person (ignoring the people app with all the contacts)

I was not aware you could do that. Thanks for the information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos