Video Editing on WP 8.1 ?

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Slow motion will be a great addition! Phones will need higher fps recording in the future to really take advantage of it though.

Yazan Abdullah

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
dude with all honesty u r delusional. neither MS nor Nokia is capable of developing a usable, intuitive, and reliable video-editing app.
think about it: if they could have, they would have done so by now, no? you'd think that MS and Nokia, with their photography pitch, would have video editing since wp8.
Nokia developed video trimmer, which is unintuitive and useless because it does not remove midsegments of the video you're editing.

now MS has given up, so they are allowing 3d party devs to make vid-editing apps. and we all know what's gonna happen: 3d party devs will produce a whole bunch of apps and sell them for 3$ each. you buy and use the app for a few mins and you'll be like "oh cool...this looks intuitive and UI is awesome...oh look 10 different effects I can add to my vid wohoo".......but then when you actually try to use the app to actually edit your video from your beach trip, you realize that the app does not work or is crashing. is that not what happens with browser and youtube apps? we use'em for a few days, and then revert to native apps as we figure out the crazy bugs in these 3'd party apps.

also.... is it just me, or is everyone shocked that MS has only NOW STARTED to allow 3d party devs to make vid-editing apps? why was that not allowed 18 months ago? I just can't wrap my head around it. if you are not capable of making it, why not allow 3d party devs from the beginning? now we have to wait 18 months for a dev to make a decent app.

good luck using the vid-editing garbage that's gunna be sold at 2$ a pop just 2 months after 8.1 rolls out. you'll see all these mediocre vid-editing apps come out and earn 5 star ratings on the windows store from people who rate before they actually use the app. don't be fooled. if you got an extra 2$, i'd give em to charity instead.

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
dude with all honesty u r delusional. neither MS nor Nokia is capable of developing a usable, intuitive, and reliable video-editing app.
think about it: if they could have, they would have done so by now, no? you'd think that MS and Nokia, with their photography pitch, would have video editing since wp8.
Nokia developed video trimmer, which is unintuitive and useless because it does not remove midsegments of the video you're editing.

now MS has given up, so they are allowing 3d party devs to make vid-editing apps. and we all know what's gonna happen: 3d party devs will produce a whole bunch of apps and sell them for 3$ each. you buy and use the app for a few mins and you'll be like "oh cool...this looks intuitive and UI is awesome...oh look 10 different effects I can add to my vid wohoo".......but then when you actually try to use the app to actually edit your video from your beach trip, you realize that the app does not work or is crashing. is that not what happens with browser and youtube apps? we use'em for a few days, and then revert to native apps as we figure out the crazy bugs in these 3'd party apps.

also.... is it just me, or is everyone shocked that MS has only NOW STARTED to allow 3d party devs to make vid-editing apps? why was that not allowed 18 months ago? I just can't wrap my head around it. if you are not capable of making it, why not allow 3d party devs from the beginning? now we have to wait 18 months for a dev to make a decent app.

good luck using the vid-editing garbage that's gunna be sold at 2$ a pop just 2 months after 8.1 rolls out. you'll see all these mediocre vid-editing apps come out and earn 5 star ratings on the windows store from people who rate before they actually use the app. don't be fooled. if you got an extra 2$, i'd give em to charity instead.

You seem really angry. You should have a Snickers.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I really wonder about the robustness of the OS core. I mean think about it, iOS has had video editing since 2010 and here are in 2014 and no video editing on Windows Phone.

Yazan Abdullah

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I really wonder about the robustness of the OS core. I mean think about it, iOS has had video editing since 2010 and here are in 2014 and no video editing on Windows Phone.

yup..that's my point. I am not angry. I am just in shock and awe. ....and I honestly think that they're incapable of doing it effectively. that is the only explanation. you see apple perfected all things related to image gallery, graphics, and media, from the get go. the flurry screen saver is still something that MS can never accomplish. same can be said about the image gallery in iPAD and off course the very intuitive video editing app in iOS.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
yup..that's my point. I am not angry. I am just in shock and awe. ....and I honestly think that they're incapable of doing it effectively. that is the only explanation. you see apple perfected all things related to image gallery, graphics, and media, from the get go. the flurry screen saver is still something that MS can never accomplish. same can be said about the image gallery in iPAD and off course the very intuitive video editing app in iOS.

Agreed. I'd rather have them not release anything than put out garbage.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

Not ccompletely true about 3rd party apps. There are plenty, not all, that are equivalent or even better than official apps. Video editing is a great tool, but not everyone needs it. Its 2 dollars! Its the price of a candy bar or a Gatorade. Chill fellow Windows user. Support the people who make an effort to help out the community. Can you develop a video editing app? If so, you have my apologies.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not ccompletely true about 3rd party apps. There are plenty, not all, that are equivalent or even better than official apps. Video editing is a great tool, but not everyone needs it. Its 2 dollars! Its the price of a candy bar or a Gatorade. Chill fellow Windows user. Support the people who make an effort to help out the community. Can you develop a video editing app? If so, you have my apologies.

​No the real question is why hasn't Microsoft come out with an iMovie equivalent for Windows Phone and Windows 8.X?

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
@Yazan Abdullah So basically, what you are saying is 3rd party apps suck? If so what do you think of Rudy Huyn's apps?

If not, then you are saying 3rd party apps for specifically video editing will suck but what if Rudy makes one then what? Will it suck still?

I agree with you though that Microsoft just started to open up to devs to make a video editing app but I do not agree that they tried to make one and failed then decided to open it up to devs. The whole thing sounds to /tinfoilish

Anywho, to me its going to be a race to see which dev can put out the best video editing app because the person that does will make the big bucks so the reward is high so I believe this will make devs want to work hard at it and make it robust.

Christian Holmstedt

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Woah, they will sell a video editing app for $2! What a disgrace, the world will end. Hold on a second, my $2 bottle of water is empty. Gotta buy another one then I'll finish commenting on this post.

Yazan Abdullah

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
@Yazan Abdullah So basically, what you are saying is 3rd party apps suck? If so what do you think of Rudy Huyn's apps?

If not, then you are saying 3rd party apps for specifically video editing will suck but what if Rudy makes one then what? Will it suck still?

I agree with you though that Microsoft just started to open up to devs to make a video editing app but I do not agree that they tried to make one and failed then decided to open it up to devs. The whole thing sounds to /tinfoilish

Anywho, to me its going to be a race to see which dev can put out the best video editing app because the person that does will make the big bucks so the reward is high so I believe this will make devs want to work hard at it and make it robust.

not gonna happen my friend. MS has to develop the video editing app just like how it also needs to develop a youtube app. 3 party apps are okay but the real stuff has to come out of MS.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Hate to break this to you, but Apple didn't "perfect" anything to do with video from the get go. It wasn't available until the 3gs. The first couple of iPhone models weren't even capable of taking video, so there was nothing to edit. And when it finally did include an editor most people bought third party apps because the built in one was too limited.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes