Does new calendar app still have 'tasks'?

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I haven?t seen them in the video about the calendar posted today here.

It would be insane if they removed them. I wouldn?t update the cell phone to 8.1 just because of this :angry:

If anyone knows about this matter, please confirm "tasks / to-do" are staying .. or leaving!! This is getting me nervous :cry:

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Its still there but a little bit more hidden. Extend the taskbar and there is a button to bring you to the tasks

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the answer!

So you have to perform even more actions in order to see the tasks list.

WP 8: open calendar App, choose to-do
WP 8.1: open App, expand taskbar, select to-do

Can at least be pinned to the start screen?

Such a pity there isn?t a third party App that can update the to-do list in the background. There is no choice for me :(

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
If they want Enterprise capabilities with Exchange I don't see how they could do away with Tasks syncing.

They won?t remove the function, but they are doing it even less practical :angry: . Maybe the notification center will bring some function related to tasks.

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
IMO the calendar needs some improvements in general. Some rants I have about it:
When creating a new appointment, I set the duration by hand. However there is no option to make it the default choice. So with every appointment I have to do more steps just to set the ending time right.
Next would be default reminder, which is set to 15 minutes and you can't change it. Usually I prefer 30 minutes, yet another additional step needed to create an appointment the way I want.

Last but not least I finally made the switch using an online cloud based calendar for the first time, which would be outlook.com - obviously! However I'd like to have events displayed much further in the past, yet the only available options seem to be,linked,from your outlook mail account: 2 days, 7 days, 2 weeks, 1 month or everything. Wondering why they don't create two or three month settings or, even better, make individual timeframes just for the calendar.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
You're right about that. It's the worst feature on the whole OS.
I was hoping "Little Joe" was gonna show more about the calendar, but I think we'll have to wait and see more hands on vids.

yep, they are focusing too much in stupid things for teens, and not solving the basic for work. My palm had better calendar and tasks management! 10 years Ago!

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
yep, they are focusing too much in stupid things for teens, and not solving the basic for work. My palm had better calendar and tasks management! 10 years Ago!

So did my Psion Series 5, with a colorless 640x240 display, a 18Mhz ARM processor coupled with whopping 8 megabytes of RAM. I don't understand why so many modern software developers have so much problems recreating a nice looking, efficient and yet convenient to use calendar app for todays systems. Especially if you think of the raw power the current hardware offers.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Tasks or "To do" will be included in 8.1. It's part of exchange and a very well used part of it (I use it all the time and know a lot of others that do). I'll agree in Windows Phone 8, it's not the greatest thing.

Even the calendar app is flaky at best, it's a pain to type in a calendar entry on the phone. This is why I am looking forward to voice control on it to say a lot of time.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720