Developer preview in the first part of April

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
It will only work on phones where the firmware shows USA. Changing your Region in the OS won't fool Microsoft's Servers. You must remember that this is a BETA software. It's NOT really ready for world-wide release. Look at it this way; we Americans are playing the "software guinea pigs" for the rest of the world. We will be working out all the bugs and glitches (and bearing all the frustrations) so that by the time you get it, it will be flawless (free of headaches) for you and the rest of the world. Microsoft has stated that this process won?t take very long. I don?t know how true it is, but I?ve read online that this should be released to Europe and China by the end of 2014 calendar year.
dude, what the heck are you trying to say? It's been said for more than a hundred times, the developer preview IS the final version, plus, it will work on EVERY phone regardless of region. Back when I installed GDR3, nothing was missing, and I don't even live near the US.

LillWicke

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
It will only work on phones where the firmware shows USA. Changing your Region in the OS won't fool Microsoft's Servers. You must remember that this is a BETA software. It's NOT really ready for world-wide release. Look at it this way; we Americans are playing the "software guinea pigs" for the rest of the world. We will be working out all the bugs and glitches (and bearing all the frustrations) so that by the time you get it, it will be flawless (free of headaches) for you and the rest of the world. Microsoft has stated that this process won?t take very long. I don?t know how true it is, but I?ve read online that this should be released to Europe and China by the end of 2014 calendar year.
I am sorry to say this, but you have got everything totally wrong.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
First part of April to me means first week. In a world of business months are divided by weeks and the first part means the first week. Currently we are in the first week of April. I know its a bit confusing because last week was the first week of April but in business this week is the first week of April. With the end of this month being quarter end.

I am going to assume that Microsoft is a business and first part of April means first week of April. Unless he really did April 1-29 as first part and April 30 as last part.
You posted that you are going to assume that the update will come in the first week, after the first week was over. :confused:

If there are 2 parts to a month, then yeah your logic works.
What if... There are 3 parts? First part would be ~ 10 April?
What if.. 4 parts? First part ~ 8 April
What if.. 5 parts? First part ~ 6 April

It is a fact that "first part" is used as a vague term here. No one is abusing logic. Don't mistake common sense with common logic.
You're assuming that the parts of the month are equal. That assumption cannot be guaranteed by the information provided by Microsoft.

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Man.. This is insane. Everyone is going around arguing which is the first part of a month?
8.1 has everyone going crazy, thats for sure.

lorisuzan

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Lol it's funny how we all had a life before the Build LOL and since then all we can do is look at the time, twitter, the forums and WPcentral every 15 min...

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Dan wrote in his article concerning the date that on the 8th the final build should be ready then it would be sent to the OEM on the 14th and he assumed that it could be release on that day.

Noob question: Isn't the Dev Preview coming directly from MS? So is there a slight chance where we could start getting the updates before 14th?

Lumis90

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think the Dev preview should come on 14th. If I remember right, Windows updates come on Tuesdays. Remember GDR3? It was released to devs on Monday, 14th seems like a logical date to me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion