Developer preview in the first part of April

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
So what do you guys really think of this??

April 8th, yesterday, was the day that the Sun, Earth and Mars were aligned in a straight line. That marked the death of XP and the rebirth of Win8.1 with the Spring Update making tons of folks happy.

April 14th is the day that Mars and the Earth will be at their closest. That's also the day we get the WP8.1 update available to us through Dev Preview.

Now please consider:

Microsoft is basically going to war with other OSes, systems, etc..

Mars was the Roman God of War, counterpart to the Greek's Aries.

These release dates occur during times of astrological importance with the planet Mars.

Could Microsoft have intentionally set the release dates to coincided as such? Or a coincidence?

Could Microsoft be going Old School Pagan on the competition, ie, invoking the wrath of Mars/Aries?

Could there be really be intelligent life on the Red Planet, and they're helping MS out? The picture in this article was taken on April 2nd, or the first day of the Build Conference.

I know, I know, sounds crazy, but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
So what do you guys really think of this??

April 8th, yesterday, was the day that the Sun, Earth and Mars were aligned in a straight line. That marked the death of XP and the rebirth of Win8.1 with the Spring Update making tons of folks happy.

April 14th is the day that Mars and the Earth will be at their closest. That's also the day we get the WP8.1 update available to us through Dev Preview.

Now please consider:

Microsoft is basically going to war with other OSes, systems, etc..

Mars was the Roman God of War, counterpart to the Greek's Aries.

These release dates occur during times of astrological importance with the planet Mars.

Could Microsoft have intentionally set the release dates to coincided as such? Or a coincidence?

Could Microsoft be going Old School Pagan on the competition, ie, invoking the wrath of Mars/Aries?

Could there be really be intelligent life on the Red Planet, and they're helping MS out? The picture in this article was taken on April 2nd, or the first day of the Build Conference.

I know, I know, sounds crazy, but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
No. Just no. Cant stand conspiracy theories. you have just shown how easy it is to create them (albeit a not very good one) but the sad part is people buy into them.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Coming up next: My mother-in-law and my step-son will tell you all about the contrails in the sky...

head-desk-head-desk-head-desk

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
When will official update will roll out. Not talking about dev preview.

The Dev Preview *IS* the official version. Not a beta, but the actual, for reals, genuine version of Windows Phone 8.1 that will be rolling out to consumers over the next few months.

But if you chose to ignore the Preview for whatever reason, then you're going to have to wait until July/August at the earliest for carriers to begin to approve updates for certain updates. As always, it's going to be a long, slow, and painful update process, which is why I actively encourage anyone using Windows Phone to USE THE DEVELOPER PREVIEW!!! All the benefits outweigh ANY cons, as if there were any.

My good sir, don't tease yourself any longer. Take the plunge and upgrade the SECOND the update is available!

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
but I was up to date already. Which is why the available update right after installing the dev preview app was weird to ne.

Users who enroll in the Developer Preview get their own special update. What it contains? I haven't the slightest clue. All I know is: that build of the OS is only found on devices that enroll in the Developer Preview.

Martin hfd

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
It's not exclusive to dev preview users anymore, it started rolling out right now to users all over the world (.155). Perhaps this means MS is getting the phones ready. Check out the thread - Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview out?? Just got a update.. - Perhaps a pre-install update for 8.1 on the 14 or earlier...

tayfelix

May 4, 2012
Visit site
It's not exclusive to dev preview users anymore, it started rolling out right now to users all over the world (.155). Perhaps this means MS is getting the phones ready. Check out the thread - Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview out?? Just got a update.. - Perhaps a pre-install update for 8.1 on the 14 or earlier...
I got mine .155 few months back.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to worry about getting the update on 14th April, No info until today about at least if the RTM is ready or a confirmation for the availability date.

Martin hfd

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
were you then registered in the dev preview??
if not than it might be random, because a lot of people started getting it today.. don't really know (just guessing)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire