App auto update check (?)

manvuk

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Ok, why my store never check for app's update? I never received any alert about updates and i know that there have been..... Phone is L720, i have it for 12 days. Previously i used L520 for about one week and i've been receiving updates alerts few times. Is there any settings for that? I cant see any...... That's bad!

manvuk

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Actually, i did that few times in order to eventually get a "auto clock/date" switch back few days ago, but it did not solve any of those issues.... :(

manvuk

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Try reading through this, you might understand the process better: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...m-not-getting-notified-about-app-updates.html
An interesting topic!
However, i got stucked already at the first step:
"Go to settings > find my phone and tick “Send apps to my phone using push notifications (not SMS)”."
Under "find my phone" settings i even dont have this switch, i just enabled find my phone option but thats it.....
Ok, obviously this is the second option missing on my phone beside auto clock/date option too.... why?

manvuk

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
An update...... Now it's work. I did this:

1.Closed all tabs lying in internet explorer.
2.Clicked on delete history button in settings of internet explorer.
3.Removed the live tile .
4.Did a soft reset by pressing volume down and lock button together.
5.Pinned the live tile back

I can't confirm that it is solved by this and if that is for lifetime, but i did this. We all agree, MS should work on that issue hardly....

And of course, as i did soft reset, i had to adjust time and date manually again! I cant understand that while the microwave has that ability that such modern phone has no option for that! But that is for other topic i released yesterday....

Thanks guys, at least one issue solved :)

kukuxumusu

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Do you guys update your phone now? I am installing an update now but of course not 8.1. I am surprised that I've got an update. I am already using black update before I got this new today. I am still on migrating part now. Anyone got this one today? I forgot to take note what update it is because it surprised me and accidentally hit the proceed without reading the info on it. LOL! But it says 8.XXXX something... just forgot the exact numbers

kukuxumusu

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
No, there is no update except "extras+info" at the store, but cant figure out anything new.....

My phone just got updated. I've seen no changes. Maybe bug fixes or just preparing for 8.1( I wish)? I just joined to developers preview program few days ago. Yes you are right I've seen no changes. My phone is still on Black update. I can't find out anything new as well.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys update your phone now? I am installing an update now but of course not 8.1. I am surprised that I've got an update. I am already using black update before I got this new today. I am still on migrating part now. Anyone got this one today? I forgot to take note what update it is because it surprised me and accidentally hit the proceed without reading the info on it. LOL! But it says 8.XXXX something... just forgot the exact numbers

If you've just developer unlocked your phone, you will have received the latest OS release, which is 8.0.10521.155

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs