Does Cortana work in the WP 8.1 RC SDK?

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Using the SDK Cortana asks to enable location services to work. If the location disabled from the settings the search button will open the normal bing app that we all have today. If the location enabled from settings Cortana opens when hitting the search button but gives error when searching by voice but not when writing using keyboard.
The region in the settings is US but I'm actually outside US.
Anyone having Cortana work using the SDK? Specially you guys inside US.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the US... I've only played with it for a few minutes, but if that few minutes is representative of what the SDK is capable of, Cortana in the SDK is nothing like the Cortana that we saw in the keynote.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the US... I've only played with it for a few minutes, but if that few minutes is representative of what the SDK is capable of, Cortana in the SDK is nothing like the Cortana that we saw in the keynote.

Ok, so did she ever answers when asking by voice? For me it will give error for anything needs to be processed in the cloud but it works when trying to open apps by voice...

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Using the SDK Cortana asks to enable location services to work. If the location disabled from the settings the search button will open the normal bing app that we all have today. If the location enabled from settings Cortana opens when hitting the search button but gives error when searching by voice but not when writing using keyboard.
The region in the settings is US but I'm actually outside US.
Anyone having Cortana work using the SDK? Specially you guys inside US.

no, microphone does not work. Even if you type in the command, e.g. "set alarm at 7am", Cortana does not respond to most of them but just presents a bing search page.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
no, microphone does not work. Even if you type in the command, e.g. "set alarm at 7am", Cortana does not respond to most of them but just presents a bing search page.

Exactly. This is why I said that this Cortana is nothing like what was demonstrated on stage. My take: This build of the SDK is an RC, not a final version. They didn't want Cortana details leaking before the presentation, and this may be the same SDK that "privileged" developers have had, so hopefully when they release the RTW of the SDK, Cortana will be complete. Of course, by then we won't need it, because we'll have it on our phones.... :cool:

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I think the Cortana server is just blocked. The microphone works, because music search works... but none of the Cortana features, whether voice or text, work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs