Well Hell... Screenshot requests??

AzmoD3uS

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Talderon, thanks for sharing these awesome screenshots. I think i may have been drooling while browsing through the stuff you've uploaded.

Happy to see that the stuff people have been whining about before are now implemented. It's just sad to know that they'll never be pleased. i'll have to contend with waiting for the update to happen, but while i do that, your screenshots will sustain me. :winktongue:

ebin5

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
How is multitasking? Still is that resuming thing present while switching apps and please provide some images of searching phone for contacts or music.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Ha, nice start screen background! :D I had a feeling that an image like that would make the start screen too busy, but looks like I was very wrong, in a good way.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
How is multitasking? Still is that resuming thing present while switching apps and please provide some images of searching phone for contacts or music.

That resuming could be gone since the launch of WP8 if all the apps actually coded right and were using FAS - fast app switching. Unfortunately, developers don't care to update their apps with tiny bit of code and we all blame Microsoft. This game is funny.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Does it solve the Bluetooth issue? Bluetooth sharing has been like a pain in the neck for me. Also can we ask Cortana to take a picture? Does she swear? What happens if you ask her an intellectual yes or no question? Is she smart enough to have an opinion? Can I ask her to reboot my phone?

Can you expand on the BT issue? I have never had an issue with BT.

It cant reboot phone or take photo (yet), everything else yes. Cortana can be used by third party apps so its only matter of time when all sort of photo taking, filtering apps start using Cortana.

Thanks for answering, your statement is on point. :)

Can you check something for Cortana please?
- Change phone region to India.
- Change only browser & search to US English

Does Cortana work?

No. Phone region has to be EN-US.

how do you get windows phone 8.1?

You get it on April 14th!!! :D

Can you see screen on time like in Android in Battery sense ? And can you see % how much battery some app has used ?

If you look at this shot in the gallery, you will see how much battery, Cortana for example, use when it is in use and when it is in the background.

http://i.imgur.com/M1i3H35.png

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
@Talderon : can you open a picture from the app folder in the other thread to see if it is encrypted?

Yeah, give me a few as I will need to shut the phone down and all that jazz, just catching up on replies here. :D

Talderon This is great ! Awesome !

Question, if you noticed. As in Windows Phone 8 the Games Hub only shows WP, W8 and Xbox 360 needing a extra app for Xbox One Achievement etc. Was this fixed ? Can you see your Xbox One games/Achievements/see friends on line with what game they are playing, etc in the game hub now ? (big annoyance for me).

Thanks !

I wish I was more of an Xbox gamer to know for sure, but there is a tile in there that you can press and see your friends activities... :D I guess that is it?

imgur: the simple image sharer - Bottom Tile.

Can u provide a screenshot of speech settings..?

Uploaded

Talderon, thanks for sharing these awesome screenshots. I think i may have been drooling while browsing through the stuff you've uploaded.

Happy to see that the stuff people have been whining about before are now implemented. It's just sad to know that they'll never be pleased. i'll have to contend with waiting for the update to happen, but while i do that, your screenshots will sustain me. :winktongue:

np. I know it can be frustrating, trust me, I know... I have been lucky enough to have been running the builds since mid Feb and it's been a blast!!

I cannot say for sure since my build is an internal build and older than the one that is going to be released on the 14th (no more internal builds now :()

Is a new app called maps present?

Yup, screenshot of my apps list added and also this image was made from the Maps app. imgur: the simple image sharer Shows me all the nearby hotspots. :)

Ha, nice start screen background! :D I had a feeling that an image like that would make the start screen too busy, but looks like I was very wrong, in a good way.

Yeah, I have tried everything from Nature shots, action shots, art and everything and have found that it just works.

That resuming could be gone since the launch of WP8 if all the apps actually coded right and were using FAS - fast app switching. Unfortunately, developers don't care to update their apps with tiny bit of code and we all blame Microsoft. This game is funny.

I agree with this statement. :)

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
All screenies aside - how does WP8.1 feel overall?

Even though mine is a test build. Overall, it really feels nice to me. With the start screen tile backgrounds to the notification center, it's just buttery smooth as you would expect. Now, there are a few frustrating things I have to deal with being on an internal build, but they will no be present on the GA release that will be out on the 14th.

Cortana feels soooooo natural to talk too. The conversational understanding engine that is running her is staggeringly good. Her responses? Well, she is still in Beta. In about 500 years, she'll be what we see in Halo 4... :winktongue:

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
HEY! Frist time a post as ever done this for me! AWESOME! I'm very happy about the responses and requests and hope it's helping everyone out.

X8naOYT.png

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
@Talderon : can you open a picture from the app folder in the other thread to see if it is encrypted?

I am unable to view the images. This happens when I try and open them from the SD Card or my PC:

42qVqNz.png

When I try and open an XML file, this is all I get:

gZ8gQJY.png

AzmoD3uS

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Does xbox music still require a xbox music pass to hear your local songs(like, the songs you have on the sd card)?

i have no idea why they keep requiring a pass for the app currently. i love the feel of the xbox music app and its interface, but getting prompted for a pass was pretty annoying.

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Can you confirm if universal search is available like in desktop where you can start typing a song name .....it searches everything and givex you the song file the message thread that contains the text and also the word or pdf file all of the same name....in short the win 8 charms bar search kinda thing....

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Didn't you all notice how much everything is smaller now on the lumia 1520? its look more appropriate now and much useful. showing more content.
Can you please make a screenshot of the keyboard? It should be much smaller now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750