Well Hell... Screenshot requests??

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Can you confirm if universal search is available like in desktop where you can start typing a song name .....it searches everything and givex you the song file the message thread that contains the text and also the word or pdf file all of the same name....in short the win 8 charms bar search kinda thing....

Cortana does this. Have you seen the launch video? You should!

genchigenbutsu

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Can we get a screenshot of 'Tasks' screen in the calendar app, it appears on top of the settings option according to the video I've seen. Is it new or just the To-Do list renamed, and do they appear on the live tile?
Thanks in advance.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Can you confirm if universal search is available like in desktop where you can start typing a song name .....it searches everything and givex you the song file the message thread that contains the text and also the word or pdf file all of the same name....in short the win 8 charms bar search kinda thing....

When you search, it defaults to Web, however, if you swipe left or right, you get other results (Screenshots attached). Oh, this includes Phone.

Didn't you all notice how much everything is smaller now on the lumia 1520? its look more appropriate now and much useful. showing more content.
Can you please make a screenshot of the keyboard? It should be much smaller now.

They have been added! :D

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Can we get a screenshot of 'Tasks' screen in the calendar app, it appears on top of the settings option according to the video I've seen. Is it new or just the To-Do list renamed, and do they appear on the live tile?
Thanks in advance.

Adding now. :)

have seen it ...that was for messages only ..i was asking for music , as I have a huge collection on my phone it would be easy to search.....

Added. :)

What's happened to messaging hub? Is there facebook and Messenger/skype Integration anymore? And rooms in People hub (and group chat).

MS already stated that messaging hub was going away. And so it has.

Do active downloads and done updates appear in the action center?

Yes. You can set up the notification center exactly how you want to be notified. Mines is set up to just put a notification when apps get updated. I don't need a toast banner or have it make noise. All apps that have notifications enabled are configurable independently.

Seen here: http://i.imgur.com/9t2yOeQ.png

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
does clearing acton center clear live tile notifications tooo or what.......secondly is the live tile limited to 99 ,whatsapp could not display beyond 99 on its tile in wp8 is it the same ..also on lockscreen..the issue persists or has it changed please elaborate.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
does clearing acton center clear live tile notifications tooo or what.......secondly is the live tile limited to 99 ,whatsapp could not display beyond 99 on its tile in wp8 is it the same ..also on lockscreen..the issue persists or has it changed please elaborate.

Live tiles and lock screen only show 99 at this time.

If you just clear the notification, it will not least the tile. If you trap the notification to open the app, it will clear it.

How is the battery life on windows phone 8.1? Any improvements?

My 1520 has amazing battery life. The internal build I am running had its brain fart murmured though.

yuvalnyk

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Can you describe how is it feels when you put just a color as background, is it the same like regular theme color without background?

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Can you describe how is it feels when you put just a color as background, is it the same like regular theme color without background?
yeah i would like to see this ....cyan theme with a background( wallpaper) colour also cyan .try it post it soon ,thanks for confirming the earlier one pity it could have been done better ...........

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Adding now. :)

Added. :)

MS already stated that messaging hub was going away. And so it has.

Yes. You can set up the notification center exactly how you want to be notified. Mines is set up to just put a notification when apps get updated. I don't need a toast banner or have it make noise. All apps that have notifications enabled are configurable independently.

Seen here: http://i.imgur.com/9t2yOeQ.png

Thanks, but what about app download that is in progress, will it be shown in the action center with a progress bar or percentage?

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Live tiles and lock screen only show 99 at this time.

If you just clear the notification, it will not least the tile. If you trap the notification to open the app, it will clear it.

Not sure how that makes sense. Here are 2 scenarios:

1) I receive 2 new emails. The email tile shows 2. The notification center shows some details about the emails. I clear to notification center, yet the email tile still shows 2? This makes no sense to me. It seems that now it's more work to clear notifications. I have to clear the notification center and then do what I used to do before (open email, even if I don't read the emails).

I assume that the 2 on the email tiles in this scenario means that these emails have not been read.. but that's not accurate because I could have 50 unread emails. That would annoy me, if that is the case.

My 1520 has amazing battery life. The internal build I am running had its brain fart murmured though.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

yeah i would like to see this ....cyan theme with a background( wallpaper) colour also cyan .try it post it soon ,thanks for confirming the earlier one pity it could have been done better ...........

Ok, I uploaded a bunch of start screens with different backgrounds. ALL OF THESE are background images, NOT built in colors.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how that makes sense. Here are 2 scenarios:

1) I receive 2 new emails. The email tile shows 2. The notification center shows some details about the emails. I clear to notification center, yet the email tile still shows 2? This makes no sense to me. It seems that now it's more work to clear notifications. I have to clear the notification center and then do what I used to do before (open email, even if I don't read the emails).

I assume that the 2 on the email tiles in this scenario means that these emails have not been read.. but that's not accurate because I could have 50 unread emails. That would annoy me, if that is the case.

OK, here is the way it works.

You get 2 new emails. You get a notification in the Action Center that you have 2 new mails (notification center has multiple pages to show TONS of notifications).. You clear the notifications, the tile still states you have 2 unread mails. These are completely separate and not connected together at all. This would not make sense for MS to try this as each app has it's own notification settings. You actually have to go into the app to clear the tiles because that is how the app knows you have at least looked at them (or opened the mail program that allows it to know to clear the tiles). Try to get action center to clear itself AND the tile would be too much work for MS to take on with all of the different apps that are allowed to send notifications.

Now, you can tap on the notification centers notification for mail and open the app and clear the tile that way.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
OK, here is the way it works.

You get 2 new emails. You get a notification in the Action Center that you have 2 new mails (notification center has multiple pages to show TONS of notifications).. You clear the notifications, the tile still states you have 2 unread mails. These are completely separate and not connected together at all. This would not make sense for MS to try this as each app has it's own notification settings. You actually have to go into the app to clear the tiles because that is how the app knows you have at least looked at them (or opened the mail program that allows it to know to clear the tiles). Try to get action center to clear itself AND the tile would be too much work for MS to take on with all of the different apps that are allowed to send notifications.

Now, you can tap on the notification centers notification for mail and open the app and clear the tile that way.

Thanks for the response. Now I honestly think this is a pain. I wish I could now just disable tile notifications then, the (2) in a black circle and use the notification center only. I understand it might be too much for the OS to handle but it's not inefficient, IMO :(.

I guess I might be jumping the gun now. I guess I should wait and see it.... but if it's the way I'm imagining it, I think others will eventually really dislike the repetitiveness in clearing notifications. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb