Well Hell... Screenshot requests??

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Please add images of Office! Hoping to see more customizations there!!!
How is the new office? Is sharing videos through Bluetooth now possible and what about 1 minute tile updates? Thanks in advance...

My build did not include the updated Office. :(

How about the People hub? Despite the disjunction of Facebook integration will the contacts still be automatically populated by FB pictures?

How about the Family Room? Is it still there? Still does it Work with chatting among them via the now obsolete Messenger platform?

Is Messenger still usable in the Messaging app, together with SMS texting to a Contact?

Facebook Pics are still imported there, still getting FB updates too. Family Room is still there and working as per normal. No more messaging through the messenger app. :(
Thanks in advance. Just curious.. :)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
No, you set quiet hours and then tell it what days to make it active. You cannot do multiple like alarms. At least, not yet.

Ah that stinks. Would love to have at least 2 settings, one for week days and one for weekends (when I like to stay up late and sleep in late)

Thanks for the info here !

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Ah that stinks. Would love to have at least 2 settings, one for week days and one for weekends (when I like to stay up late and sleep in late)

Thanks for the info here !

It does stink! Was worried it would be like that. On the brightish side, there's a feature to turn it on when calendar is busy and on the fly.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It does stink! Was worried it would be like that. On the brightish side, there's a feature to turn it on when calendar is busy and on the fly.

I guess I would have to just set it for weekdays, and blank out the weekends, noone normally bothers me on a Saturday morning but, it does happen time to time... Same with Sunday, would love to say, no calls before 10am but, fail....

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I guess I would have to just set it for weekdays, and blank out the weekends, noone normally bothers me on a Saturday morning but, it does happen time to time... Same with Sunday, would love to say, no calls before 10am but, fail....

What sucks for me is that I can't add my work calendar to my person WP. Keeps complaining about Active Sync Required Certificate.. but I can't import my work calendar. Really a bummer as I don't use much of a personal calendar except for paying bills and stuff like that. So the Calendar feature isn't quite useful to me either. Oh well. I'm sure it will evolve.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What sucks for me is that I can't add my work calendar to my person WP. Keeps complaining about Active Sync Required Certificate.. but I can't import my work calendar. Really a bummer as I don't use much of a personal calendar except for paying bills and stuff like that. So the Calendar feature isn't quite useful to me either. Oh well. I'm sure it will evolve.

WP8.1 is a LOT better about certificated (can even use Virtual Smart Cards). There has been a TON TON TON of enhancements made there.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
WP8.1 is a LOT better about certificated (can even use Virtual Smart Cards). There has been a TON TON TON of enhancements made there.

Great to know! I read around that many have the same issue with the certificate. That would make me use the Blackberry less... or even, not carry it at all.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I dont know if it was already mentioned, too lazy to read the whole thread.

Can you confirm if we can finaly see more details in history of phone calls? I mean not just the time when we recieved the phone call but the duration of phone call etc. ?

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I dont know if it was already mentioned, too lazy to read the whole thread.

Can you confirm if we can finaly see more details in history of phone calls? I mean not just the time when we recieved the phone call but the duration of phone call etc. ?

You get a little more detail, but not much. :(

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
hey taldron,Just wanna ask,Are push/toast notifications reliable? also how is app resuming and app-launch time?

So far, everything has been reliable. The only exceptions are a couple 3rd party apps I am running, but those are app issues and not OS related at all. All built in apps have been working perfectly.

I can say, that in the build I am running (this build is WAY different than what you will get on Dev Preview), App Resume has been hit and miss, but again, mine is an Internal Build that was meant for specific testing scenarios.

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I want to know if the Xbox Music tile is actually live like our current Music+Videos tile and whether the artist image shows on the lockscreen when playing music.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I want to know if the Xbox Music tile is actually live like our current Music+Videos tile and whether the artist image shows on the lockscreen when playing music.

We'll have to wait for Monday. My build did not come with the new bits for Music/Video. :(

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey!
Suppose I am using my WP in landscape mode (viewing pictures or watching a movie). Can the action center be accessed in the landscape mode?? I mean if i swipe from top to bottom will the action center be in the landscape mode??
Screenshot will be very helpful! :)

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey Talderon, Sorry if this question has been asked before. Is Smart Search similar to windows 8.1 present in wp8.1? If yes, how is it implemented since pressing the search key opens Cortana

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium