Dev Preview & Cortana

Aniruddh Sharma1

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Guys, I live in India and can't really wait to get my hands on Cortana. However, as we all know, it will not come to India till late 2014/2015.
I would be downloading the Dev's preview of 8.1. Now can anyone confirm if the dev preview would give me access to Cortana also? Isn't the dev preview supposed to be the same for every developer be it any where in the world? Or would it be available if I change the region to US?
In any case I really want to know if I will be able to play with cortana by downloading the dev's preview.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the dev preview supposed to be the same for every developer be it any where in the world? Or would it be available if I change the region to US?
In any case I really want to know if I will be able to play with cortana by downloading the dev's preview.

Whether you get the preview or the final release makes no difference. There is nothing about the developer preview that makes it "the same" for every developer in the world. However, according to the people playing around with the WP8.1 emulator, Cortana can be activated on any phone if you set most of your region settings to U.S:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/co...-outside-us-launch-countries.html#post2432135

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb