Quiet Hours demo?

daymouse

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone seen any videos or screenshots of quiet hours and how it works?

This is a very handy feature and want to know how it works for example does it just do it by time or can you define it for example to go into silent when connected to a certain wifi network?

Mister K

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I am very interested in this as well. On my Note 2 (using Llama) I can set rules such as "if connected to WiFi 'xxyyzz' between 08:30 & 17:30 reduce ringer and notification volume to 0, else set ringer and notification volume to 8". In fact Llama on Android is even smarter than that - it only switches on WiFi and starts searching once in the relevant cell area. Anything close to this in Windows would be excellent.

Darryl Ponting

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Here are some screenshots. It seems similar to iOS. You can manually enable it or schedule it. You can also set rules for bypassing the quiet time rules.

Attachments

• 10.png
    10.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 11.png
    11.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 12.png
    12.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 13.png
    13.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 1

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I was really looking forward to this feature as well. But since I have the Volume app, it satisfies my needs. Doesn't change on WiFi connect, but is time based or appointment based. Also, the developer has written that soon they will have location based triggers which is pretty cool. What I hate is, Microsoft has nicely implemented this for android but not their own platform, I am talking the ON X app. It is really cool.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Nice, definitely one of the things I miss from my iPhone days. Does anyone know if you can have a different 'quiet hours' schedule on weekends? From the screenshots it looks like you get to pick a single on/off time, active on days of choice.

Also: it looks like you can set 'one' inner circle. Maybe at work I don't want my family 'breaking through' my meetings, but on the weekend I want to allow them to reach me late at night during quiet hours. That would require two sets of 'break through people'.

But hey, just getting this is already a huge improvement!

Jips

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it is only US at present and tied in with Cortana.
I really wanted this feature, but can't find it anywhere after upgrading. :unhappy:

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I was looking forward to this too, disappointed that it's tied to Cortana :( I tried the "Volume" app mentioned but it was a battery hog for some reason so had to remove it.

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
K, I'm a newb for this feature. I've configured it, but what will people hear when they call or text and this thing takes over? Just my normal VM as if my phone were off, or some sexy Cortana voice saying something else?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro