Project My Screen feature

Benny Vallejo

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Developer unlocked, able to see in windows explorer, followed the troubleshooter on monkeyslaps, still can't get working.

Running 64-bit Windows 8 Pro.

I had to delete a Driver called "Nokia USB Connectivity" or something like that along with the 1520 driver. Unplugged then plugged back in...worked for me.

gpct1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
This is incredibly neat, I love it. The only thing I've noticed is that when you go fullscreen, it just expands the original image, degrading the quality. What's interesting is that it doesn't do this with videos. Like, on YouTube for example. I have no idea if you can somehow modify it to not just double the image everywhere else. I'm wondering if it can really just display out at 1080p (the original resolution). Either way, I love this. So neat. The fact that I can interact with the phone from my laptop touchscreen is just so cool.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure what it's doing. The image isn't as good on my laptop screen as it is on the phone, even in non-fullscreen mode. I wonder exactly how it's displaying the image and if it can be improved.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, .msi files are for 64 bit. For 32 it should be .exe. Not sure if they made a 32 bit version though or where to find it. Maybe someone else can help.

That is completely false. An .msi extension simply means that it uses the Windows installer format.

FFugue

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
That is completely false. An .msi extension simply means that it uses the Windows installer format.

Really? I've had a bunch of software that I've had to install on both 32 and 64 and every time the file for 64 bit was.msi the file for 32 bit was .exe... I've never seen an .msi file for 32 bit...

EDIT: I just binged it and yeah, .msi can be for both 32 bit or 64 bit, but apparently it can't be for both at the same time. So there is probably another file for 32 bit available somewhere.

FFugue

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Tried that also. And wouldn't work.

If you want to try to delete them while the phone is unplugged on the menu on top go in Display/Show hidden devices (might not be the exact words, I'm using the French version...). Then unplug and delete the files in both sections of the device manager.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
If you want to try to delete them while the phone is unplugged on the menu on top go in Display/Show hidden devices (might not be the exact words, I'm using the French version...). Then unplug and delete the files in both sections of the device manager.

It let me delete them (told me I needed to reboot to finish it though). Rebooted, they reinstalled. Still not letting me project.

S Ricardo

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
My computer can't distinguish USB flash disk mode since updata 8.1 preview,But I can application deployment,Because it may be,I can't use Project My Screen,Who can help me?

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Worked perfectly on my L520. Downloaded program, connected device via USB and then after drivers downloaded it launched with no issues.

Kind of disappointed, I thought it would be full screen similar to how it would looking connecting a device via HDMI. Not just an outline of my phone on the computer.

gpct1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
More information: trying to change the config.xml file, which has the resolution set to very low, gives me an access denied. I assume that modifying the config file to 1080x1920 will keep the high resolution on the projection. Still trying to figure out how to fix this.

gpct1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Worked perfectly on my L520. Downloaded program, connected device via USB and then after drivers downloaded it launched with no issues.

Kind of disappointed, I thought it would be full screen similar to how it would looking connecting a device via HDMI. Not just an outline of my phone on the computer.

CTRL-ALT-P, and then hit E. There you go.

Last edited:

gpct1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have a working config.xml that removes the frame for true full screen projecting? I've changed my config.xml, but I must not be passing it in correctly as I haven't seen a difference yet.

How are you able to change the config file? I keep getting access denied.

FFugue

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

E to make it bigger, F to switch between fullscreen and windowed, CTRL+ALT+P to remove the phone border (for "true" fullscreen).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077