Universal phone search

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Apologies if this issue has already been addressed, but will WP 8.1 bring universal phone search? Will I, for example, be able to search for a specific song from my music library?

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
It will be there with or without Cortana. So users outside of the US will still have this.

Is that known fact, or guesswork? The reason I ask is that those that have been playing with the SDK have suggested that without Cortana, you are put to the current bing search page. Also people have noted things such as quiet hours are also not available without Cortana...

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Is that known fact, or guesswork? The reason I ask is that those that have been playing with the SDK have suggested that without Cortana, you are put to the current bing search page. Also people have noted things such as quiet hours are also not available without Cortana...

I've also been playing with the SDK, and you are partly right. Pressing search does indeed take you to the Bing search (without Cortana), however, when your search something there is a new page on the pivot called 'phone'. This is where the files stored on your phone will show up.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've also been playing with the SDK, and you are partly right. Pressing search does indeed take you to the Bing search (without Cortana), however, when your search something there is a new page on the pivot called 'phone'. This is where the files stored on your phone will show up.

Fantastic! Great implementation by the WP team.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss