Can you use Cortana while the phone is locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I say this because it's gonna be useful if you're driving or when you can't touch your phone. I mean isn't that the whole purpose of a voice assistant? I hope it works like that.

Since it's in beta, maybe we could suggest this feature. I think Google Now on android 4.4 Kitkat allows this.

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
From what I have seen from the videos of Cortana from the build demo and hands on videos, this does not seem to be possible.

Your idea is a very good one. I think they need to make it like the moto x where it's always listening (even when locked) for the "OK Google" phrase which brings up Google now. Of course, the X has dedicated hardware which enables it to always listen, so I'm not sure if it will be possible on current WP hardware.

How about saying "hey Cortana" to bring up Cortana?

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
The new Snapdragon chips in devices like the 1520 and the Icon already support the lower power always on voice commands. There's been speculation that this isn't a supported feature natively, but one that will be enabled with the Cyan firmware update for the compatible phones - but remember, that's just speculation.

lorisuzan

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
On the SDK if you have your screen locked and you pressed the search button you can use cortana locked. I don't know if you can deactivate that or not but it works on locked screen by doing that. hope it answers your question

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
On 8.0, there is a setting to allow search while locked (using voice), so I would imagine this setting or one similar would be available in 8.1 for Cortana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon