A must watch for every diehard Windows Phone fan!

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
If you're one of those people following Windows Phone very closely, including giving feedback to developers and Microsoft about the platform, I urge you watch as many BUILD 2014 seminars as possible. There's a mountain of knowledge that'll help you understand the WP platform in a very technical sense, e.g. RAM allocation, Universal Apps, etc.

If not, then I recommend you at least check out this seminar about the "New Windows Phone Application Model."

The New Windows Phone Application Model | Build 2014 | Channel 9

AliNSiddiqui

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
At around the 4th minute, the guy mentions how the push notifications system has been improved significantly especially for those who live outside of US, I hope that means that notifications come through more reliably than on WP8.

Last edited:

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
As a non developer, I have never delved into how things work on WP and Win apps; etc. As I listened to this presentation, one thing became quite obvious to me. Common Sense + technical ability work hand in hand. It reminded me of programming in basic from so many years ago. If, then, else is alive and well in today's world.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
As a non developer, I have never delved into how things work on WP and Win apps; etc. As I listened to this presentation, one thing became quite obvious to me. Common Sense + technical ability work hand in hand. It reminded me of programming in basic from so many years ago. If, then, else is alive and well in today's world.

I cannot conceive of a world with no if, then, else. :cool:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Nice!

I want to watch this whole thing.
Just 10 minutes in is an incredible amount of information.

The no loading\resuming screen disappearing would be a giant leap.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I cannot conceive of a world with no if, then, else. :cool:
The reason I get along so well with computers is because I see the whole world in black and white, 1 and 0. I don't do so well with gray areas. Logic works with me. I couldn't live without if, then, else, either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2