Nokia or other

isabella001

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to buy a new windows phone later this month and wanted to know that what are the benefits and loss of buying a WP other than Nokia.

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
You will not have custom features from Nokia, such as glance, double tap to wake, wireless charging, and many others. What Windows Phone do you currently have??

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Without Nokia you miss out on most of the amazing imaging (camera) capabilities (believe me, even a Lumia 520 does have a better camera than most of it's counterparts at the same price point, although you will miss a flash). You miss out on the frequent firmware updates that address issues with the OS and bring new features. Other companies don't update their firmware as much. And Nokia phones look beautiful and are very well built. Some of the disadvantages are the lack of easy availability of Nokia accessories. And Nokia always gets preferred over others.

Entry Level Phone- Lumia 630/ Lumia 525
Mid Level Phone- Lumia 720/925
Flagship- Lumia 920/930
Ultimate Device- Lumia 930/1020

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Entry Level Phone- Lumia 630/ Lumia 525
Mid Level Phone- Lumia 720/925
Flagship- Lumia 920/930
Ultimate Device- Lumia 930/1020

925 is 920 with amoled, 6th lens and aluminium frame, its far better then 720 (performance wise, 720 is awesome though).
1020 is the same as 920 and 925 except for 41MP.
930 is the newest flagship, same as 1520 and Icon, with camera almost as good as 1020. Ultimate device is a stupid expression for a phone, its just the most recent flagship mostly.
630 is better then 525, but both are entry level.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nokia has become the flagship brand of Windows Phone, since it is all in. The other two major manufacturers in the US are HTC and Samsung. Both of which focus their efforts on the Android front.

As it is, Nokia devices are the ones to beat in the Windows Phone arena because of the extra care and support given.
Nokia's camera technology and exclusive apps and featuresets are second to none.

But it doesn't mean the others don't make bad phones. The others are respectable and have their own perks and exclusive apps. But the root issue is that neither have a major stake in seeing WP through to the end. At least as of now.

But sometimes Lumia's are available, such as on Sprint. I can live with an HTC 8XT or a Samsung ATIV S Neo just fine, its just the extra mile for me that makes it.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
925 is 920 with amoled, 6th lens and aluminium frame, its far better then 720 (performance wise, 720 is awesome though).
1020 is the same as 920 and 925 except for 41MP.
930 is the newest flagship, same as 1520 and Icon, with camera almost as good as 1020. Ultimate device is a stupid expression for a phone, its just the most recent flagship mostly.
630 is better then 525, but both are entry level.

Thanks for the detailed explanations, man.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
1}exclusive apps like here drive offline maps , imaging apps which really makes a difference.
2}great looks and quality.
3} better support compared to other brands
4} availability- in india its hard to get a windows phone other than nokia
5} glance screen.double tap wake features which are great
6}out of the world camera depending on the lumia u choose

and i dont think samsung and htc really depends on wp ,where as nokia does ,so in turn customers get the advantage.

Aniket Bhat

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Buying a WP devices other than Nokia
Cons:
1.No custom firmware features eg. Glance, tap to wake, SS Touch, Flip to Silence,etc.
2.No Nokia exclusive apps.. eg. Nokia MixRadio, Nokia StoryTeller, Nokia Camera, Photobeamer, Nokia Refocus,etc.
3. No Qi Charging.
4. Nokia Care support is way better than HTC/Samesung,etc..
5. Very limited options for windows phones on HTC/ Samesung,etc.

Pros:
1.On HTC you get a HTC Green colour for theme colour. (I think).

Make your choice.

Vinod Vattipally

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
You will lose out on Here Maps, Glance, many of the Nokia apps, apart from that Microsoft is taking over the phone division of Nokia, so more native support. You may not find all these in other brands. However it does not mean that they are bad phones. Now a days, each manufacturer is creating their own apps. However I have not seen any phone which can even come closer to Nokia in imaging (1020 comes with 41 M Px camera and 1520 comes with 20 M Px camera). Nokia is by far an excellent phone compared to any other phone (iOS and Android also) in the camera. I can vouch for it, since I have used majority of the brands so far

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos