New keyboard interface in wp 8.1

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
It has a Swipe Keyboard so you can basicly write by swiping over the keys you weant to press. I tried it a few times in the emulator. I have never been able to type so fast by moving the mouse over the screen. Works very well

pranayhotkar

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
It has a Swipe Keyboard so you can basicly write by swiping over the keys you weant to press. I tried it a few times in the emulator. I have never been able to type so fast by moving the mouse over the screen. Works very well
how did you download the emulator ?

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I didn't even think to try it on the emulator... Yes, works well on my Surface Pro 2. :smile:

You have the emulator on your Surface Pro 2 or a Swipe Keyboard on the Surface Pro 2? I know, I know, it's most likely the emulator, but I would like to have swipe on the Surface as well... so I though I'd ask :)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Pro supports Hyper-V?? I want one now haha for some reason my custom build gaming PC doesn't support it. I'm not familiar with what it is exactly but I think I have some sort of hardware restriction? If that's possible?

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
You need a newer processor with Second Level Address translation (SLAT) support. This must be enabled in the bios. (its sometimes called different like Intel Virtualization Technology). And you need windows 8.1 pro 64bit. This are the requirements which the surface pro has ;) . And of course you have enough ram for this.

here is a list of intel processors (if they support vt-x they work): Intel? Virtualization Technology List

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Strange. I have a 3rd gen i5. I'll have to mess with my Bios to see what's up. I tried before but I couldn't find anything. Any way it could be a mobo issue? I have 8.1 Pro 64bit and 16GB DDR3 RAM as well.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
For those who want to use the emulator, here are the requirements:
1. You need a processor with support for SLAT and Hyper-V, 4GB RAM minimum, as well Windows 8.1 Pro x64. (My laptop with Intel Core i3-2328M actually supports this)
2. Enable Hyper-V / Virtualization / whatchamacallit in BIOS/UEFI.
3. Enable Hyper-V in Turn Windows features on or off (just type the title and you'll see the option).

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
A swipe keyboard is a major improvement - better than Cortana or the botched notifications! It's one feature of Android (well, an Android app) that I could not live without.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa