Changing DNS Servers in Wifi settings in WP8.1

odklizec

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Sorry for reopening this old thread. I just checked my 1520 wifi settings and I too don't see the suggested advanced options with the possibility to edit wifi details (especially dns). So do I understand it right that this option was there but now it's removed? Or was it just temporarily available in dev. preview version? Is there any way to ask MS to return this option back?

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Sorry for reopening this old thread. I just checked my 1520 wifi settings and I too don't see the suggested advanced options with the possibility to edit wifi details (especially dns). So do I understand it right that this option was there but now it's removed? Or was it just temporarily available in dev. preview version? Is there any way to ask MS to return this option back?

I can't help in case of your phone but if you want to change dns I can teach you how to change it from your PC

odklizec

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply and offer! You mean how to change the DNS on router? I know how to do this. The problem is, that it can be done only with routers I can access (typically home wifi). And honestly, it's much easier/faster to change the DNS in phone settings (if possible) than to edit the router settings. It's really pity there is no such option in WP yet. Honestly, this bothers me much more than the lack of some apps I'm used to from iOS (from where I just migrated) ;)

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
mmmm...annoying :angry:

I can connect to my work Wi-Fi and use a VPN, but they also use OpenDNS to block several sites (nothing dodgy, just stuff like youtube, 4sq etc). It seems strange it was it a previous version?

I'm on the DP so hopefully they will include it in the next release.

randolleh

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a 1520 Lumia phone and it does works very good until one month ago. I can not use Internet outsite and the message is Cannot find server or DNS error.
I am really sorry for reopening this thread. I did reset my phone three times, but no result. I am really tired of that, but still it is really good phone. I checked my 1520 wifi settings. find different solutions, but the suggested solutions dos'nt helps. And the message is: Cannot find server or DNS error. Please see my settings.
lumia 1520.gif

rabi ranjan

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
sir i have a nokia 830 windows phone...i connected wify in my office server bt it is not connecting...when i connect the wify the server asked to enter password..and static id..i entered the static id and password...after that it is not connected..

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo