Why Microsoft is making more efforts in USA than in any other country.must read this stats..

isabella001

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 market share in USA is nearly 4% and country's population is nearly 298 million.

While in India windows phone 8 market share is nearly 6% and country's population is nearly 1103millions which shows that 6% of Indian market share= 22.19%market share of USA but still Microsoft is making more efforts in USA than in any other country.
For e.g. I have never seen a Microsoft store here in India,no surface,no Xbox marketing. Just nothing.

Last edited:

Talk4Lig

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why Microsoft is making more efforts in USA

Because they want to compete with ios users, in USA there's lot of them.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 market share in USA is nearly 4% and country's population is nearly 298 million.

While in India windows phone 8 market share is nearly 6% and country's population is nearly 1103millions which shows that 6% of Indian market share= 22.19%market share of USA but still Microsoft is making more efforts in USA than in any other country.
For e.g. I have never seen a Microsoft store here in India,no surface,no Xbox marketing. Just nothing.

I agree...no MS stores...no bing rewards..no surface ..nothing from MS.

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Foundation. It's about foundation. You take care of home first. That's what I think at least.

But lets just say Microsoft is motivated by numbers. 6% of India = 22% of USA but maybe there is more we are not looking at.

How saturated is the market in India and can everyone afford a cell phone. Maybe using some formula Microsoft figured out that if they took care of India first they would not turn a profit.

Also, there is about 30 different languages in India they are listed on the Indian money bill I have seen them.

Which language would they use for Cortana? Hindi being one of the biggest one and then Urdu and Punjabi?

Is anyone at Microsoft even an expert in any of these languages?

Maybe the plan is to push Cortana in Redmonds native language English so that they can find more bugs and fix them while translating Cortana into 30 different Indian languages.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Because nobody in India is spending lot money in buying Windows phone flagship phones which cost 50000 like lumia 1520.it is only us market that give them money.that's why they want to capture such market.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Its because that 4% in America spends way more than that 6% of India.

FYI people in US buy a phone on subsidised rate for a period of two year...

In India we do not have a contract system and we buy the phone upright...so please don't say we spend less than people in US..

And most of the people and friends I know change their cell phones every 8 to 10 months !!

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

In India we do not have a contract system and we buy the phone upright...so please don't say we spend less than people in US..

And most of the people and friends I know change their cell phones every 8 to 10 months !!

To the manufacturer and to MS it doesn't matter who's paying for the phone the end user or the carrier, they make their money

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
India is imposes too many barriers on entity to tax them and generate revenue. This makes Indian market very cumbersome which Microsoft don't wish to get. Still Nokia Microsoft deal is not approved in India and Tax department demands 437 crores INR to pay as tax when there is acquisition. Microsoft will come slowly but surely.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

In America, we spend less money on a phone, but pay it off from the data plans. The carrier then uses that money to pay for the rest of the phone to the OEM. The average price for a smartphone in India is way less than it is in America. Are you seriously trying to debate that Indians spend more money than Americans??? Come on, dude...

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
^^ true.

@ashish With contract the cost the phone gets too high, which makes the phone costlier than off contract due to element of interest amount. Reliance Communication started on contract iPhones in India, calculate the overall cost to know difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte