With T-mobile. Where AM I going to get 8.1 for my unlocked AT&T 920?

dreamfly

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
So how in general an unlocked phone gets any OS update? From the same old carrier or from MS directly or from the new carrier which in my case don't even carry that model. What about the firmware? What on earth we even have this issue when all the PCs get all the updates either from the manufacturers or from MS?

Yea I will update the OS via developer preview but the question still remains.

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Now that I am with T-mobile, where AM I going to get the "update" from for my unlocked AT&T 920

it still would be AT&T. firmware updates are tied to the firmware of the phone (i.e an AT&T software will get AT&T updates) not with the carrier you are using

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Now that I am with T-mobile, where AM I going to get the "update" from for my unlocked AT&T 920

So how in general an unlocked phone gets any OS update? From the same old carrier or from MS directly or from the new carrier which in my case don't even carry that model. What about the firmware? What on earth we even have this issue when all the PCs get all the updates either from the manufacturers or from MS?

Yea I will update the OS via developer preview but the question still remains.

Settings -> extras + info -> scrool down to 'more info' -> Whatever says under 'Mobile operator' is who'll give you updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb