Anyone else contemplating updating to 8.1 via Developer Preview?

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm contemplating updating to 8.1 via the developer preview. Rumor has it that it will be available 4/14. I'm considering it - anyone else?

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I most definitely after I had had to wait for the Lumia black update for five long months.
In addition I am dying for the calendar week view and the new volume settings...

tEhLoNeR

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I'll update if I know it won't remove wifi calling first... I need it seeing that the signal in my apartment is really bad. Does anyone know if updating will remove that? I'm really tempted to though.

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Definitely grabbing the update as soon as I possibly can. Mostly looking forward to the new keyboard, it's the one thing I miss from my Android days. The transparent tiles/background looks interesting too.

Tense

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I also would like to know if pushing 8.1 early will break Wi-Fi calling on my T-Mobile 925. I'm tempted, but since there's no going back, I'm not sure...

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm contemplating updating to 8.1 via the developer preview. Rumor has it that it will be available 4/14. I'm considering it - anyone else?

student_with_hand_raised.jpg

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
been on it since last October, if you want 8.1 you use the dev preview

Seeing that Microsoft didn't even finish wp8.1 kernel until a couple weeks ago and are supposed to be just finishing the UX areas yesterday, and the closest rumor for it's release via Dev Preview is 4/14..
Did you mean you're using Windows 8.1 (as in the PC operating system)? Or are you confusing WP 8.0 gdr3 with WP 8.1??

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I will.
btw what is wifi calling? we have that in europe?
T-Mobile has WiFi calling which is an option on some phones to make calls over WiFi instead of cellular. It's main benefit is where there is WiFi but no or poor cellular signal. I don't know if other carriers do it or if its available in Europe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05