04-15-2014 12:35 PM
2,577 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Question... Preview for developers App... After running it the checkbox is already checked with the Done button greyed out. Can it the app be clever enough to know that on my previous device my Microsoft Account is already enrolled????
    Shouldn't be... I've a few devices in my house enrolled on it...
    04-13-2014 09:28 AM
    So, to break this cycle of asking the same questions over and over again (will it be available, when, how, why, why not, which devices and so on...) let me ask you something new: what are YOU doing currently to kill the time? My floors are freshly washed and waxed, I'm currently shampooing the carpets and next I'll do windows, EVEN THOUGH it's raining but hey, I'll do them again when the rain stops! :P And Monday morning is reserved for a meeting with my supervisor on Unemployment so I'm all set. Since the preview will hit Croatia on Monday evening I still have to find something to clean tomorrow afternoon. :P The stove looks like a pig's *** so that'll do...
    04-13-2014 09:39 AM
    So, to break this cycle of asking the same questions over and over again (will it be available, when, how, why, why not, which devices and so on...) let me ask you something new: what are YOU doing currently to kill the time? My floors are freshly washed and waxed, I'm currently shampooing the carpets and next I'll do windows, EVEN THOUGH it's raining but hey, I'll do them again when the rain stops! :P And Monday morning is reserved for a meeting with my supervisor on Unemployment so I'm all set. Since the preview will hit Croatia on Monday evening I still have to find something to clean tomorrow afternoon. :P The stove looks like a pig's *** so that'll do...
    Well I've just finished repotting a plant from my old house that's pretty much accompanied me through my whole life. Now I'm going to cook and eat some dinner, and then most likely play Minecraft or Rayman Legends till the evening.
    Kristijan87 likes this.
    04-13-2014 09:44 AM
    Shouldn't be... I've a few devices in my house enrolled on it...
    so how do I confirm I am ready to go for wp81? I cannot click done with the check box checked.... This means I can only un enroll.
    04-13-2014 09:45 AM
    10AM Redmond time should be around 1AM at my place on the 15th... :-(
    04-13-2014 09:51 AM
    Actually, I just did a check with the GDR3 availability articles. It seems the update went live about 11am GMT. Any chance of that recurring?
    04-13-2014 09:52 AM
    Just so everyone is aware, it has not been officially announced to release on the 14th... Yes certain websites are saying so but Microsoft have not come out there selves and said the Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview will be releasing tomorrow at so and so time.. If it was releasing tomorrow then Microsoft are taking there sweet time to announce the release time for everyone.

Would it not make sense for Microsoft to at least come out and say yes... It is releasing tomorrow other then all of a sudden releasing it tomorrow. I for one think it will release on the 15th and we will get the official announcement tomorrow... Of course I could be 100% wrong but I am just letting you know, don't get your hopes up if it don't release tomorrow.
    04-13-2014 09:55 AM
    Doing french language exercises... :/
    Actually, I just did a check with the GDR3 availability articles. It seems the update went live about 11am GMT. Any chance of that recurring?
    There are chances of many things. The final timing is known only to MS right now. However as I keep repeating and people keep ignoring MS tends to release Xbox stuff at 2am Pacific and Windows related stuff at 10am Pacific.
    Just so everyone is aware, it has not been officially announced to release on the 14th... Yes certain websites are saying so but Microsoft have not come out there selves and said the Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview will be releasing tomorrow at so and so time.. If it was releasing tomorrow then Microsoft are taking there sweet time to announce the release time for everyone.

Would it not make sense for Microsoft to at least come out and say yes... It is releasing tomorrow other then all of a sudden releasing it tomorrow. I for one think it will release on the 15th and we will get the official announcement tomorrow... Of course I could be 100% wrong but I am just letting you know, don't get your hopes up if it don't release tomorrow.
    A person here on the forums whom I know for a fact works on campus at MS (Talderon) has stated the internal e-mail says 4/14/2014.
    04-13-2014 09:57 AM
    A person here on the forums whom I know for a fact works on campus at MS (Talderon) has stated the internal e-mail says 4/14/2014.
    Oh, I see. Well I was unaware of this! Do you think Microsoft will come out and announce it officially today though?
    04-13-2014 10:01 AM
    Oh, I see. Well I was unaware of this! Do you think Microsoft will come out and announce it officially today though?
    update 3 was announced with same day availabilty. Besides, 8.1 has already been announced, nothing more can be said.
    04-13-2014 10:10 AM
    update 3 was announced with same day availabilty. Besides, 8.1 has already been announced, nothing more can be said.
    Bingo.

As for how I'm passing the time. I'm making people in the news comments nerd rage so hard they have to try to insult me, because they can't handle facts.
    04-13-2014 10:22 AM
    I read somewhere that not all SD cards are supported in the wp 8.1 and we have to buy a class 10 SD card
    WP8.1 requires a Class 6 SD card or above. Anything lower won't work.
    04-13-2014 10:41 AM
    Toooooo boooored If preview of 8.1 don't come out early this weekend... Maybe I should run Opeation CWAL
    04-13-2014 10:47 AM
    so how do I confirm I am ready to go for wp81? I cannot click done with the check box checked.... This means I can only un enroll.
    That means you're already enrolled. If its checked upon launch and Done is grayed out, it means you've already run through the Preview setup and registered the device. You are ready to go.

You must of already set it up and forgot about it. ;)[HR][/HR]Man everybody seems tense. This update has everyone on edge waiting for it.
    04-13-2014 10:47 AM
    THE WAITING IS JUST A KILLER !!
    I HAVE a biology exam tomorrow I think I will fail but whatever
    Its wp8.1 !!:P
    Morash1405, F3rzz and Susmit257 like this.
    04-13-2014 10:48 AM
    Swipe keyboard is honestly something I anticipate wishing there was a way to turn it off. I tried swype for Android and it wasn't for me. I hope I'm wrong, but for people like me who prefer to tap I fear it will register imprecise taps as swipes, leading to a new source of typos. Only time will tell with that one...
    Word Flow is completely optional. If you don't drag your fingers: you can type as per normal. But if you like dragging your fingers for things like correcting a letter chosen by accident or what have you, then Word Flow can be disabled in the keyboard settings.

However, it's turned on by default so new users won't have to dig around for it, making things easier on them.
    04-13-2014 10:49 AM
    I could be wrong but I believe your language may also need to be set to English (US). It's possible Cortana may struggle with your accent, or the differences between American English and UK English that is largely taught in India. Also there exists the possibility of having to put up with SAE units of measure, since the US rejected the metric system (F for temperature, pounds instead of KG, miles instead of KM, inches instead of millimeters, etc) which could be very confusing...
    BUUUUTTTTT.... Joe Belfiore did demo how you can easily get Cortana to convert measurements. I.E:

You: What's the weather in Los Angeles?

Cortana: It is currently 72F in Los Angeles.

You: Could I get that in Celsius?

Cortana: Sure, it's 22.22C in Los Angeles.

You: How about Kelvin?

Cortana: Ok. It's 295.37K in Los Angeles.

So units shouldn't be that big of an issue. :)
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    04-13-2014 10:53 AM
    Question... Preview for developers App... After running it the checkbox is already checked with the Done button greyed out. Can it the app be clever enough to know that on my previous device my Microsoft Account is already enrolled????
    Well, if Microsoft wanted it to be clever enough: then yes, it would only let you enroll on one device.

However, Microsoft actually /encourages/ users to use the Developer Preview, to get around the fact that some carriers take their sweet time when it comes to rolling out updates, if at all.

As such, despite what Microsoft says: You can easily enable it on multiple devices. No workarounds required.
    04-13-2014 10:55 AM
    Nah, I think they like keeping us drooling over rumors. Also, if something critically wrong happens at the last second: they won't have to worry about promising to deliver on a certain date, then delaying it.
    04-13-2014 10:58 AM
    Does WP8.1 REALLY require Class 6 SD cards?? Because my 8GB Class 4 SD is still new and I'm not gonna be able to replace it anytime soon:(
    04-13-2014 11:09 AM
    Does WP8.1 REALLY require Class 6 SD cards?? Because my 8GB Class 4 SD is still new and I'm not gonna be able to replace it anytime soon:(
    no it doesn't !! But it does require ATLEAST class 6 ONLY FOR INSTALLING APPS ON SD CARD. You can keep using your card for music+videos and other stuff, but if you want to install apps on it, then you need to get a class 6.
    04-13-2014 11:13 AM
    no it doesn't !! But it does require ATLEAST class 6 ONLY FOR INSTALLING APPS ON SD CARD. You can keep using your card for music+videos and other stuff, but if you want to install apps on it, then you need to get a class 6.
    Ok thank you sooo much! :)
    Saksham Sharma likes this.
    04-13-2014 11:13 AM
    Being ahead in time is a bad thing in situations like this. Should hit at 12am GMT or according to USA?
    04-13-2014 11:28 AM
2,577 ... 1314151617 ...