The Waiting Room (WP8.1 Dev Preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I am sooo eagerly waiting for the 3rd column of tiles, can anybody tell me if that's really coming to all our phones or just the 4.5'' and up? Many friends are asking me that stuff :D

05Paris

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm afraid you should just go back to iOS, the Icon is just too much phone for you. If WP is such a struggle and all...

cmgss

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I just got a update thourgh the dev prievew, but it was a small one. Definatly not wp8.1. Took like 30 seconds to download. But it also creashed my phone (stuck on the spinning gears). Anybody know anything about this?

Faraaz96

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I just got a update thourgh the dev prievew, but it was a small one. Definatly not wp8.1. Took like 30 seconds to download. But it also creashed my phone (stuck on the spinning gears). Anybody know anything about this?

Its minor update... 8.0.xxxxx.155 :)

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
You like swype? I find it weird to use. I remember having to install gingerbread keyboard on my Android to replace the swype keyboard that Honeycomb/Ice Cream Sandwhich made default.

Not excited for this feature but Cortana absolutely

Heck yeah. I love, love, love it. I can type so fast and fluid (hehe) with a Swype style keyboard.

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Once again, parts of updates are left out for pretty much everything outside of the US, who else finds this ridiculous? If this dev is going to be released release all parts of the update to everyone involved in the preview.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Well its the 10th here in Aus and nothing so far this morning.

Another 12 hours and I'll try again when all the U.S. is into Thursday.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the new Swype like keyboard. That has me uber excited... also Cortana and Action Center. :)

I loved Swype, if it wasn't for the 1520 being spec wise on top, I might have stayed with Android because of Swype.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Once again, parts of updates are left out for pretty much everything outside of the US, who else finds this ridiculous? If this dev is going to be released release all parts of the update to everyone involved in the preview.

Portions of the update are not left out. Merely, the region setting dictates what features are available once installed.

Most Anticipated Features
1. Cortana
2. Quick Settings Bar
3. SD App Data Storage
4. IE Reading View
5. Enhanced HTML5 Video Player

Least Anticipated Features
1. Notification Center
2. *Enhanced HTML5 Video Player

Glad it's here, but the controls are awful. Make it more like Video on W8, where the play button hovers in the middle and disappears, with the player position bar below it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss