The Waiting Room (WP8.1 Dev Preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hm don't like what i just read, Ms is going to face a civil lawsuit when they are releasing the 8.1 during work hours, big companies want to sue MS because employees massively calling sick that day...unless MS releases it during the night.....sorry guys you just have to wait a bit longer.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hm don't like what i just read, Ms is going to face a civil lawsuit when they are releasing the 8.1 during work hours, big companies want to sue MS because employees massively calling sick that day...unless MS releases it during the night.....sorry guys you just have to wait a bit longer.

Lol, seriously?! Can you post the reference? Need to have a laugh!

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Plus, the April 10 assumption came from THE man Daniel Rubino but the April 14 assumption was from Derek Kessler and just because I trust Daniel more in these aspects, April 10 seems more valid.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
While Cortana looks fun, some key ones helping daily for me are:

- IE improvements like inline video
- Quiet hours so I don't keep leaving my phone muted
- Split volume controls
- Battery saver showing which apps need shooting
- Notification history

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
It already the 10th here. I hope they will release it today!!!
If they don't then, I'll have to wait until monday (or tuesday). No big deal : Tomorrow is Friday, and we work only half day here in Spain. On the afternoon, I'll play football to forget Barca's elimination of Champions League (soccer for americans^^). Then it's the week end and it's usually to short. And then it's monday!!! So no big deal...

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
It already the 10th here. I hope they will release it today!!!
If they don't then, I'll have to wait until monday (or tuesday). No big deal : Tomorrow is Friday, and we work only half day here in Spain. On the afternoon, I'll play football to forget Barca's elimination of Champions League (soccer for americans^^). Then it's the week end and it's usually to short. And then it's monday!!! So no big deal...

LOL, I also live in Spain and I work the whole day on Friday, as on any other day of the week! I'd never heard that people only work half day on Fridays... Anyway, I am eagerly waiting for it to be released today!

Shankar chandran S

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
even i was wondering the same

The only difference you find is in the store and bing page.
Store has the entire item in $ and none of the regional apps shows up, but if you search you will get it.
When I bought an app I changed the region back because I feared that it may affect the tax and verification of credit card, once done I revert back to US English
For bing it has many pages showing all the US related stuffs, But I like the page which shows the Movies though.
Your Phone will work as same as before. (You may very well need to restart your phone, if you are ok with that)

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
LOL, I also live in Spain and I work the whole day on Friday, as on any other day of the week! I'd never heard that people only work half day on Fridays... Anyway, I am eagerly waiting for it to be released today!
Given your name, you must be working in Catalunya. I am working there too (l'Hospitalet). And I know a lot (a LOT) of firms working only friday morning. Don't say you've never heard of that. Of maybe you've never heard of such firm. But I work with a lot of clients, and they mostly always ask us not to set meeting on fridays afternoon cause they live earlier. Ask your friends, your neighbours, you'll see.

I don't say I agree with that, I just say it exists. I don't say it gives a good image of Spain. But please, do not deny it.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Guys, you can pass the time by watching all of Pokemon, starting with episode 1 when Ash gets Pikachu. While you're at it, check the Phone Update section, something might turn up, eventually.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Well guys, wait a few more hours, it's still VERY early morning in Redmond (2am right now). If they open the flood gates today, it won't be anytime soon, at least 10 hours from now.

And if they don't, we can continue to play the waiting game on Monday, I don't think anything will happen on Friday.

MooCoo

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
With the super fast and cool WordFlow keyboard I can swype all droids and iphones to the dark side of the Action Center.
The new improved calendar for sure is really welcome.
New devtools, yes please.
And of course I want to see what those new senses feel like.
Trusted app list for NFC is a great help.
Separate volume controls, I guess.
Bing smart search to rule them all.

Last edited:

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Well guys, wait a few more hours, it's still VERY early morning in Redmond (2am right now). If they open the flood gates today, it won't be anytime soon, at least 10 hours from now.

And if they don't, we can continue to play the waiting game on Monday, I don't think anything will happen on Friday.
Wtf are you talking about? Update is going to get released on monday, not friday

kukuxumusu

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Guys just relax. If it will come it will come. Don't stress yourself waiting the update. Do some things that will not trigger your anticipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon